Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sash Window Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kieran h

Evening all,

I seem to be picking up plenty of work with sash windows! Only trouble is they do take quite a lot longer to clean than your standard 2 - 3 pane windows. Does anyone charge a bit more per window for the sash type? and roughly how much per window? £2, maybe £2.50 including frames & sills etc? Would make sense as they certainly take longer especially the ones cut up into little squares.

Many thanks!

I don't worry too much about sash windows. We might add a pound or a few to the price of the job but they're mostly easy and quick enough to do.

With the small (Georgian) panes. We do each small pane with two to three quick circles making sure the brush sweeps out all four corners and the bars with each pass. All along the top first then down a level at a time. This is much quicker and more effective than vertical and horizontal strokes as the brush stays moving the whole time and it does away with the need for a separate rinse -down. Son really doesn't like sash windows but I don't mind them too much.

One thing to watch for is that they are not slightly open at the bottom. Not always easy to see from the ground, also some of the older ones aren't as well sealed as modern windows.

We have quite a few sash window street houses in our area. I really struggled with them when we first went wfp.

To start with we found it was best to clean the top window first which included the underneath side of the rail. We moved onto the next window and let the first drip down, probably going to the back of the house and doing the same.

Then start again doing the lower windows. Repeat on ground floor. So the first couple of cleans did take longer. Now we have got them 'sorted' we now do them as one complete window as we do with any standard window. Do charge a little more than standard windows but don't over price is my advice. Just as @Davy G's post.

We have also found that some old wooden sash windows do leak along the rail of the upper and lower sashes. We found it best to go with a slightly lower flow rate and don't angle the brush jets into the 'divide'. Old wooden sash windows don't seal very well.

Back