Working in the snow....

Bongofish

8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I was in South Shields for first job this morning. Further inland the snowier it got but even if it was snow with the very slight wind I'd have still been out. Might have put my hot water on though 🤣

If you met them from up yonder you'd know why 😂

Pit yakkers really with been from pit villages, higher up in the dales we would call them wollybacks 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iron Giant

• Part Timer

• Davy G

• Bongofish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How can you work like that 😱 Your pole clamps are all over the place 🥺

Lad I work with will change the flow controller from 50 to 51, just cause he knows how much it annoys me 😑

With your age are you sure it's not rust

Posted Images

Just now, Iron Giant said:

Pit yakkers really with been from pit villages, higher up in the dales we would call them wollybacks 

You're high up to us, not personally, just where you live. No pits left and can't really call you that because I live 100 yards from what was Ryhope pit.

31 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Ah, that explains it then. St. Helens is an old mining town. I was once told that it was something to do with them having more money and being able to afford sheepskin coats. Certainly not true nowadays though, old mining towns are some of the poorest places in the country.

5 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Ah, that explains it then. St. Helens is an old mining town. I was once told that it was something to do with them having more money and being able to afford sheepskin coats. Certainly not true nowadays though, old mining towns are some of the poorest places in the country.

Must admit I thought it was people from Wales coming to Merseyside that we used to call Woolybacks. That's coming from a 'Plastic Scouser' 🙂 

Funny how same nick names used in different parts of the UK for different people. 🙂 

Edited by ched999uk
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

You're high up to us, not personally, just where you live. No pits left and can't really call you that because I live 100 yards from what was Ryhope pit.

Yeah,  I get what you the woolyback term maybe used about someone living higher up a rural.

Definitely not tall, remember the day we met up.

2850-2-56ee68fbc2ff0.jpg

31 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Must admit I thought it was people from Wales coming to Merseyside that we used to call Woolybacks. That's coming from a 'Plastic Scouser' 🙂 

Funny how same nick names used in different parts of the UK for different people. 🙂 

You mean a placky scouser (That will only work if you say it in a Scouse accent)

I remember when I was 23ish, on a night out in Liverpool and some bird asks where I'm from. Once I said St. Helens she literally pushed my face with her hand and called me a dirty wool 🤣

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

You mean a placky scouser (That will only work if you say it in a Scouse accent)

I remember when I was 23ish, on a night out in Liverpool and some bird asks where I'm from. Once I said St. Helens she literally pushed my face with her hand and called me a dirty wool 🤣

Were you wearing your kilt