Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new van monthly payments

johnny bravo

Buying a new van to put   500ltr  tank in     who has got a good deal buying a new van.    what will be a good monthly price to expect to pay . .     Always had 2.0 ltr vans deisel.       are people happy with lower engine sizes carrying the weight we use daily

Starting to search around later today.     anyone noticed any good deals out there .       

Auction may be an option.     lots of 3 year old vans ,   some better driven and looked after

i know local authorities change over every 3 years .    just pricing them compared to dealership for offers .

atm  im in a dispatch.      bit too much new   

Buying a new van to put   500ltr  tank in     who has got a good deal buying a new van.    what will be a good monthly price to expect to pay . .     Always had 2.0 ltr vans deisel.       are people happy with lower engine sizes carrying the weight we use daily

Starting to search around later today.     anyone noticed any good deals out there .       

Auction may be an option.     lots of 3 year old vans ,   some better driven and looked after

i know local authorities change over every 3 years .    just pricing them compared to dealership for offers .

I`m not sure if this is any good for you but there are a load of ex british gas vans for sale on ebay and autotrader. Fairly well priced all with full service history and are 1.6 vivaros. They are 15 and 16 plates.

There are some really good lease deals at moment. Seen new partner (big payload) for £250 all in which was inc vat in the monthly payments and for 20k a year miles. 

Brand new van on finance and larger than a partner ie transit would surely be £400 plus on the monthlies I think 

Best new vans are vivaro/traffics 

dispatch/experts are good vans but expect little daft problems like electrical faults and door locks breaking etc 

Transit customs are hit and miss

Overall the best vans are mk6 transits(2000-2006) or even mk5 (before 2001) plenty of decent ones about if your willing to go out of town , the only problem these vans is rust so u will need to get welding done once a year to pass the MOT

Ive had 2 new vans and i learnt that new vans are a headache and waste of money ! 

Never will i buy a new or near new van again lol

I have just bought a new van and got a very good discount on it around 9k , but did buy it outright , sometimes you will get a better deal if you take out the dealers finance I did that with my renault as it saved me money , you need to look at each brand and dealer and work out what’s best for you , if you have a monthly budget they will work out a deal for you according to it . Be careful about the Vivaro and traffics with the 1:6 twin turbo engines they are very prone to blowing up as the engines are over stressed . Avoid older transit vans as they are rust buckets .

Last edited by a moderator:

If u want a van for 500ltr system then loook at the NissanNV200 ( good solid vans and not overpriced )

Auctions are okay if you know the source of the vehicle and its service history.

Enterprise flexi rent sell alot of ex lease rentals but they end up all over the country and Bidspotter is the best site to find them.

I get my vans direct from NHS Fleet 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just bought a new van and got a very good discount on it around 9k , but did buy it outright , sometimes you will get a better deal if you take out the dealers finance I did that with my renault as it saved me money , you need to look at each brand and dealer and work out what’s best for you , if you have a monthly budget they will work out a deal for you according to it . Be careful about the Vivaro and traffics with the 1:6 twin turbo engines they are very prone to blowing up as the engines are over stressed . Avoid older transit vans as they are rust buckets .
Ah I didnt realize this. Was thinking about getting a vivaro. I suppose it wouldnt be so bad if you didnt thrash it. I really like Hi aces but they are quite thirsty.

Ah I didnt realize this. Was thinking about getting a vivaro. I suppose it wouldnt be so bad if you didnt thrash it. I really like Hi aces but they are quite thirsty.
For us as window cleaners always running near maximum payload the Vivaro/traffic 1:6 twin turbo is very likely to go bang as we are using the power most of the time so engine is  stressed much more  than a van running much lower payloads 

Pjj said:
For us as window cleaners always running near maximum payload the Vivaro/traffic 1:6 twin turbo is very likely to go bang as we are using the power most of the time so engine is  stressed much more  than a van running much lower payloads 
The 2:0 ltr Vivaro/traffics don't suffer from this problem 

If you have good credit and are a sole trader then get a personal loan.You can get rates as low as 2-3% with some.

Second hand vans are holding their money at the minute.

It also depends if your driving it or staff,If it's me I want the best spec and extras like air con.heated seats etc.

I rate the custom.Had mine a couple of years nearly and I like it a lot.When mine was getting fitted I had a year old vivaro on loan from Grippa and I thought the van itself was garbage.

Anchor vans usually have a good supply of non vat vans. They aren't price inflated but ones with good payloads don't hang around long. Couriers snap them up quick 

thanks,     most vans have something that get a bad review.     looks like a 2.0 deisel     all deisels are being phased out  i heard on news .     in a few years 

a bank loan will be cheaper than dealer finance.       more  movement to source from anywhere

i do like the fords but the way i park in driveway    the driver side door faces water storage so makes it easier to open side door and fill water tank.     Without a drivers side door i will have to reverse into driveway to fill van tank  

I always park backed in. I think it looks sloppy to see vehicles parked facing away from the road. I do the same in supermarket car parks. I like to be ready for the road and for if there was ever an emergency.  Same as fire engines and the like.

I have just bought a new van and got a very good discount on it around 9k , but did buy it outright , sometimes you will get a better deal if you take out the dealers finance I did that with my renault as it saved me money , you need to look at each brand and dealer and work out what’s best for you , if you have a monthly budget they will work out a deal for you according to it . Be careful about the Vivaro and traffics with the 1:6 twin turbo engines they are very prone to blowing up as the engines are over stressed . Avoid older transit vans as the
Your right regarding the 1.6 bi turbo. Shocking engine avoid it like the plague I bought one a couple of years old 30k on it within 3000 miles turbos blew. The fuel rail 4 times fuel pump list goes on lost 6k in 12 months. 

Went back to what I started with a 2013 citroen dispatch 12.months in two tyres.

Fingers crossed the good luck continues 

i cant believe some prices for high mileage vans,    £7000 +for vans with 120000+ mileage

Some decent ones around with 30/50,000+ for £6000+

not local .       looking for no vat  if lucky enough paying £6  or over for low mileage, fsh etc  2.0 ltr

my xmas tips should cover it??

Highly recommend the connect. Im Currently running a Ford Transit Connect limited 67 plate  1.5 Diesel i think, long wheel base 240 (high payload version, nearly a tonne). Van is faultless, Rear space is amazing. 650 tank (Rarely full), two 100m reels, 4 poles, all trad stuff 3 ladders on roof. Racking on side ply for spares, gutter cleaning equipment can all fit in along with soft washing equipment. 

price of second hand vans at the moment is a joke, funny thing is mine has appreciated rather than depreciated lol!

Highly recommend the connect. Im Currently running a Ford Transit Connect limited 67 plate  1.5 Diesel i think, long wheel base 240 (high payload version, nearly a tonne). Van is faultless, Rear space is amazing. 650 tank (Rarely full), two 100m reels, 4 poles, all trad stuff 3 ladders on roof. Racking on side ply for spares, gutter cleaning equipment can all fit in along with soft washing equipment. 

price of second hand vans at the moment is a joke, funny thing is mine has appreciated rather than depreciated lol!
ive got the same van..ive had it 4 years now and it hasnt missed a beat...ive only done 13000 miles from new though......the heated drivers seat and heated windscreen come in handy in this weather!i have a 500L upright tank fitted lengthways,9kw diesel heater,electric reel and 2 poles holders in mine...enough room for a back pack too...its the perfect size for a sole trader IMO.......

a 650L tank is too much though if full with a helper(i guess thats why you ve got 2 reels?)...the payload is 936kg so you ll be overweight first thing in the morning.....

Latest Posts

Back