Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BigBoy Backpack 2 Use With Univalve?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, quick question for people who use or have had experience with the BigBoy Backpack 2... Is it possible to use a univalve with the backpack as my father (also a window cleaner) has poles with univalve setup, when we tested it the pump was refusing to cut out and just kept on trying to pump.

Is there an issue with the backpack or is this what this backpack does as I know the Gardiner backpack will cut out with Univalve.

The pump switch is a 2 way rocker. One side turns the pump on full but switches off at full pressure. The other is adjustable but the pump stays on. I have the same set up and it works fine. ?

Hi guys, quick question for people who use or have had experience with the BigBoy Backpack 2... Is it possible to use a univalve with the backpack as my father (also a window cleaner) has poles with univalve setup, when we tested it the pump was refusing to cut out and just kept on trying to pump.

Is there an issue with the backpack or is this what this backpack does as I know the Gardiner backpack will cut out with Univalve.
Most backpack pumps can't handle the pressure increase with univalves as the tiny pumps pressure switches are not that reliable. An electronic wireless switch upgrade is a better system in my opinion 

So what you are saying is the univalve will out be able to switch the pump off by setting the pump on the full power option?

The pump switch is a 2 way rocker. One side turns the pump on full but switches off at full pressure. The other is adjustable but the pump stays on. I have the same set up and it works fine. ?

Most backpack pumps can't handle the pressure increase with univalves as the tiny pumps pressure switches are not that reliable. An electronic wireless switch upgrade is a better system in my opinion 
Yeah I understand the reliability may decrease with the univalve but for the time being as someone who has only just recently started out the univalve would be the better option for me for the time being and I am not that great with electronics unfortunately.

been using backpack with uni valve a couple of weeks ago,   no problems.    backpack on,    pull uni valve   backpack  switches itself in stand by mode till pole hose pulled again to use.    full half day working 

Hi pal I use a green man and Gardiner backpack with a univalve. No problems. However I would recommend that if you want to have the pressure off for more than 4 minutes or so to turn the backpack off at the switch to stop any unessessary stress on the motor, which could give out. That’s what I’ve always done and had no problems for coming up to 2 years.

Back