Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats best to get this off here?

Looks like algae to me.

Hypo (sodium hypochlorite) at a 2% strength mix will get that off.

Do some research before using it.

Watch some Benz softwash vids for tips.

I'm very experienced using biocides but you need a basic understanding before you use any.

Their vids are great for advice and learning the do's and don'ts.

Just remember when they say lightning cleanse or blackwash they mean hypo.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Dave B has said hypo mix will kill that off and it will come up well , but be careful and use Ppe  and find out his to use it safely as you can do damage to yourself, the customers property and the environment 

You'll want some surfactant to make the hypo foam up and stick to the wall. I mention this before you find someone on the internet saying to stick washing up liquid in it, do not do this. Don't mix it with anything that isn't recommended for it.

Sodium laureth sulphate from bonnymans or ebay.

You'll want some surfactant to make the hypo foam up and stick to the wall. I mention this before you find someone on the internet saying to stick washing up liquid in it, do not do this. Don't mix it with anything that isn't recommended for it.

I went on Softwash training Soloutions which cost £500 for two days. It was run by Michael Conway but not sure if its still going but any course is worth the money.
Doesn’t his courses just consist of using bio products not hypo though ?... from talking to him that’s what he said to me as soon as I mentioned hypo to him he went nuts ?????you would have thought I was  a mass murderer ???

Doesn’t his courses just consist of using bio products not hypo though ?... from talking to him that’s what he said to me as soon as I mentioned hypo to him he went nuts ?????you would have thought I was  a mass murderer ???
If you are scaling things back to one van and giving up the fire service, it's always an option as you will have more time on your hands 

He calls it blackwash. I heard he was ill but not sure how he is now? ?

It is called blackwash (well was by benz who make it) now called lightning cleanse.

Normal hypo is the same just without the added surfactants.
Yes normal hypo is around £12 blackwash is aprox £85 bit of a difference in price but not in results ??? delivery times are also very slow took 14 days last time I bought bio stuff off them and the delivery driver wanted me to meet him 10 miles away to save him time , won’t be dealing with them again .

Yes normal hypo is around £12 blackwash is aprox £85 bit of a difference in price but not in results ??? delivery times are also very slow took 14 days last time I bought bio stuff off them and the delivery driver wanted me to meet him 10 miles away to save him time , won’t be dealing with them again .
Maybe he gets a commission! ?

Back