Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gas heater ready for change

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

im running l5 but there bit fin on ground has any one run a 8l i run my pumps at 60 on flow controler @spruce i rember you were saying about 8l ones but cant recall what was said now ! was thinking go deisel but vairotech want over 4k  fitted just seems lot of money for hot water and i like fast hot water i hurd the deisel ones are not consistent hot? only reasin i would stick with virotech is if it went wrong there local and i can pop van in to get sorted i saw 2.5 k u can get facelift one from window cleaning werehouse but there across channel as im in devon 

im running l5 but there bit fin on ground has any one run a 8l i run my pumps at 60 on flow controler @spruce i rember you were saying about 8l ones but cant recall what was said now ! was thinking go deisel but vairotech want over 4k  fitted just seems lot of money for hot water and i like fast hot water i hurd the deisel ones are not consistent hot? only reasin i would stick with virotech is if it went wrong there local and i can pop van in to get sorted i saw 2.5 k u can get facelift one from window cleaning werehouse but there across channel as im in devon 
Most windies seem to manage with the 8lpm heaters, but the flow needs to be higher than with a smaller heater. These heaters produce 16kw of heat.

The most ideal heater size was 6lpm, the ones Peter Fogwell used to sell.

The 8lpm tankless water heaters generate a lot more heat than the L5 so you really need to consider external venting through the roof, which again, is a whole new ball game.

I have an old Heatwave diesel heater. Its a 9kw twin operator as the 5kw single operator unit isn't up to the task imho.

A diesel heater works slightly differently to gas. The furnace heats up an internal water circuit. A heat exchanger incorporated into that circuit is what is used to bleed the heat required to heat your water to the brush head. 

Most windies seem to manage with the 8lpm heaters, but the flow needs to be higher than with a smaller heater. These heaters produce 16kw of heat.

The most ideal heater size was 6lpm, the ones Peter Fogwell used to sell.

The 8lpm tankless water heaters generate a lot more heat than the L5 so you really need to consider external venting through the roof, which again, is a whole new ball game.

I have an old Heatwave diesel heater. Its a 9kw twin operator as the 5kw single operator unit isn't up to the task imho.

A diesel heater works slightly differently to gas. The furnace heats up an internal water circuit. A heat exchanger incorporated into that circuit is what is used to bleed the heat required to heat your water to the brush head. 
cheers spruce think ill get a l6 next as i use l5 now mine is 2 years old so needs replacing i dont like to risk them any longer realy mine is inside van keep doors open to vent ide like it on door so it can open and heater is rite out side but they can blow out with out you noing and thats frustrating as u then have to use cold till hot comes back through 100m of hose

i have a 800 l tank m8 never mesured my heat at brush i go buy holding my hand under jets inot scolding hot but dish water hot is what i like 
Ok, I was going to suggest an immersion, but not really suitable for an 800l.
Can be great upto 500-650l though. 

Back