Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Coiling wfp hose

• Thread starter Deleted member 84
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84

Had a go looks like it may work i get sick to death of hose kicking.

As anybody else got any tips of coiling hose up so it doesn't kink

41 minutes ago, ALPINEYORKS said:

You don’t need to coil it up  unless you mean pole hose , we use hose less system so there is nothing to coil up much quicker and easier .

Yes pole hose
Ah ok that is a pain , have you thought about going hose less it’s so much easier no cooling up of hose just shake the pole , and back into the tube quick and easy , I don’t know how we managed before doing this it saves so much time each day and no getting caught up on other poles .

Ah ok that is a pain , have you thought about going hose less it’s so much easier no cooling up of hose just shake the pole , and back into the tube quick and easy , I don’t know how we managed before doing this it saves so much time each day and no getting caught up on other poles .
Honestly I've heard about them but until i see how it all works I won't take the leap just waiting for somebody local to me to get it then I will have a look

Honestly I've heard about them but until i see how it all works I won't take the leap just waiting for somebody local to me to get it then I will have a look
Ime guessing there must be some videos on YouTube about it but it’s a real game changer as far as Ime concerned .This is what the end of the pole looks like all your pole hose is joined tk your microbore on the hose reel and the black fitting on the end is a quick release rectus 21 fitting 

FF78D454-D82E-46CB-8BDC-5A24E014A9BD.jpeg

C2667D43-B056-4649-80DE-AF95188748C4.jpeg

0AD48AA2-8F1F-45C7-8FAE-CDC5DCE5A82B.jpeg

CA629698-334C-4413-A5C5-DC84FEFB9777.jpeg

Thanks for that mate looks well so does your main hose of the reel go up the pole?

No in mine the pole hose goes up the pole.  All I done was add a push fit at the bottom of my pole.  I connect it up at the start off the day and then it doesn't get disconnected till the end off the day as I take my pole in at night. 
I think there is a bit of confusion on mine the pole hose is joined to the microbore and the pole hose goes up inside the pole when it’s extended , dont think I made it clear so Ime guessing we both have the same thing ??

If your pole hose kinks, just rotate your pole a good few times n the kinks fall out, if they get worse you are going the wrong way, let the water pressure out of hose, which can help. 

I use John guest connectors on bottom of poles for quick release option, for changing poles.

The OP is a handy tip if you are a trolley user using up to 30m of pole hose.  Most of the time I only use 18m of PU pole hose but have never liked the idea of having any kind of reel attached to my trolley.  I have always hand coiled my pole hose but use a different method and usually disconnect at both ends before coiling.  I use a method similar to OP when I cannot disconnect one end.

Back