Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

[WANTED] WFP SYSTEM AND/OR VAN

Im in the process of setting up a new van and selling my old one with all equipment installed. Always promised myself i'd get a new van one day and the govt has come through this year! 

It's a 07 fiat doblo. Just had mot. Recent tyres, battery and starter motor. Brakes refurbed and new disks etc a couple of years ago.

350l tank, ratcheted down to 4mm steel frame, immersion heater for cold days. Electric hose reel, 100m green Gardiner's pole hose. Shurflo/spring controller

There's a funnel in the back door that the hose goes through and another funnel that the pole sticks out of between jobs. Pull up, pull hose out of van door without even opening it. No connectors to catch or leak on hose so clean, then pole back in door and reel electrically pulled in. Very efficient (3-4 normal houses per hour, 5 or so modern little ones)

In Nottingham, will send some photos if you're interested

Im in the process of setting up a new van and selling my old one with all equipment installed. Always promised myself i'd get a new van one day and the govt has come through this year! 

It's a 07 fiat doblo. Just had mot. Recent tyres, battery and starter motor. Brakes refurbed and new disks etc a couple of years ago.

350l tank, ratcheted down to 4mm steel frame, immersion heater for cold days. Electric hose reel, 100m green Gardiner's pole hose. Shurflo/spring controller

There's a funnel in the back door that the hose goes through and another funnel that the pole sticks out of between jobs. Pull up, pull hose out of van door without even opening it. No connectors to catch or leak on hose so clean, then pole back in door and reel electrically pulled in. Very efficient (3-4 normal houses per hour, 5 or so modern little ones)

In Nottingham, will send some photos if you're interested
I may be interested. Could you send me some details. 

Cheers 

There's a funnel in the back door that the hose goes through and another funnel that the pole sticks out of between jobs. Pull up, pull hose out of van door without even opening it. No connectors to catch or leak on hose so clean, then pole back in door and reel electrically pulled in.
Probably a bit too early for me but any picys of the 'funnel' system would be great. That said depending on price might be interested obviously I'm 3rd on list ?   

I'll take some photos tomorrow while I'm cleaning and upload them. 

Probably a bit too early for me but any picys of the 'funnel' system would be great. That said depending on price might be interested obviously I'm 3rd on list ?   
They're air intake funnels for people that mod cars repurposed into something that's actually useful!

http://imgur.com/gallery/KWoQ645

This is the hose out through funnel. Reel just behind hole no funny angles like when you have rollers in the floor. (The lights to the side are a bit scratched because it lets you easily pull the hole over 90 degrees to houses you're parked next to)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the hose out through funnel. Reel just behind hole no funny angles like when you have rollers in the wall. The lights to the side are a bit scratched because it lets you easily pull the hole over 90 degrees to houses you're parked next to
I would be worried about the height of the hose going down to the road as a trip hazard , but I can imagine it works well 

This is the hose out through funnel. Reel just behind hole no funny angles like when you have rollers in the floor. (The lights to the side are a bit scratched because it lets you easily pull the hole over 90 degrees to houses you're parked next to)
That's a great idea but round here as soon as I stopped at lights my brush would go walkies ? 

Your powered hose reel looked interesting. Ring gear on outside of reel?

Any more info on van and system?

I would be worried about the height of the hose going down to the road as a trip hazard , but I can imagine it works well 
Drops straight to floor after pulling out of the door. Had it like that for over 2 years and no accidents or trips. 

That's a great idea but round here as soon as I stopped at lights my brush would go walkies ? 

Your powered hose reel looked interesting. Ring gear on outside of reel?

Any more info on van and system?
Yeah it's a petrol scooter sprocket bolted to the outside of the shaft and a 300 w motor. It's the same as the waterworks one essentially but er.. doesn't cost 4 million quid. 

The van is 07 doblo cargo, had it for about 3 years. It's done around 97k. Has mot october, new tyres, battery, starter motor (starting problem before Christmas, turned out to be a corroded earth strap on starter motor but replaced them too for peace of mind).  summertime replaced water pump and oil change. Couple of years ago it had new disks and cleaned out the drum brakes. 

Bad points about it are the front passenger door locks from inside only. Driver door locks but is stiff. Rear door need to use one of those round security padlocks. Apart from that it's a sweet van with plenty of power (1.9 jtd) and a big payload, also it's one of the latest produced vans that doesn't have a DPF - (my last van had no ends of problems with that until I had it ahem tuned) so no problems there.

Equipment wise there's a 350 tank with an intake on the outside of the van (need to fit an overflow but never got round to it), reel and 6 month old hose, shurflo pump and spring controller. Pump splits off to a return to the tank incase of airlocks so quick and easy to clear. The reel could do with the bearings being replaced.

I'm selling because I've ordered an electric van while I've got the cash - I only do 3k miles a year so it makes sense! I'm hoping to give it a good clean out at the weekend and then I'll post a load more photos

Looking for £1100 all in. 

When will the van be available? And is there any chance i can come and have a look? I'm only in Grantham. 
I'm waiting on delivery of new van from dealers. Apparently it's at the distribution hub waiting for onward delivery. As soon as I've got that one I can let this one go.

You and anyone else (serious enquiries only though, I've got 5 kids and a busy round, spare times not a thing I have a lot of!) are more than welcome to come and have a look before hand though. I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow as to delivery date, which I am hoping will be this week.

Whoever is interested can PM me to arrange having a look. Let me know on message when you'd be thinking of coming day/time.

Back of van, the tank is insulated for the immersion with some foil backed bubble wrap. Keeps the water warm till the end of the day

IMG20210111205602.jpg

Didn't get back till after dark so pictures are a bit cr#p. Will take more tomorrow

IMG20210111214954.jpg

IMG20210111215012.jpg

IMG20210111215028.jpg

I think you have some great ideas on your install. I like the controller in the cab, you can switch it on when you get out and again off when you get back in. I can see advantages and disadvantages. 

I also like the easy bleed pump but I guess if the pump was lower that might not be needed very often?

Is that a vent on the black pipe going out the side of the van?

Some very out of the box ideas there, great to see.

Just for others is the tank bolted in or strapped down?

I think you have some great ideas on your install. I like the controller in the cab, you can switch it on when you get out and again off when you get back in. I can see advantages and disadvantages. 

I also like the easy bleed pump but I guess if the pump was lower that might not be needed very often?

Is that a vent on the black pipe going out the side of the van?

Some very out of the box ideas there, great to see.

Just for others is the tank bolted in or strapped down?
Cheers mate. I've got big plan for next van build too, get better each time! The Black pipe is to fill the tank up from outside the van. Bleed valve is for if the tank is low and I go on a steep hill and air gets in then at the outlet to the tank (lots of steep hills round here!)

Tank is (5ton)ratchet strapped down to steel angle iron that frames the base of the tank. The angle iron is bolted into the existing holes where lashing points used to be with high tensile bolts.

Latest Posts

Back