Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scottish lockdown and Boris addressing nation at 8pm....what does this mean?

Bongofish

My mum and dad live in Scotland and have been told they now have to legally stay in the house unless it's for an essential reason. Boris has now just said he will address the nation at 8pm. If England follow suite can we still go to work??? If it becomes law that we can't leave the house unless it's essential? 

I think wee nippy has been told what Boris is going to say and came out first. 15% of our tests are positive and climbing everyday. Hospitals up here are full and we don't have anymore staff so a lockdown was inevitable, I'm afraid.

You have a hot system scottish don't be giving me any excuses haha get grafting! We are back tomorrow and I can't say I'm looking forward to it ?
I've worked the last 7 days except new year's Day and have to say I've enjoyed it. You get warmed up after first 2 houses and then just keep a nice temperature. Easier than working in the blistering sun where you just get hotter and hotter IMO ?️❄️

Last edited by a moderator:
Even building and construction remains open up here, but will be regulated. This isn't as harsh as the initial lockdown but defo changes things for a lot of people 

You have a hot system scottish don't be giving me any excuses haha get grafting! We are back tomorrow and I can't say I'm looking forward to it ?
Was back today filling in a flu vent but there was black ice everywhere. I'm worried about wfp water icing up on the ground and a customer suing me so its a no brainer to keep toastie in my study. I need to get back to righting anyway so now's a good a time as any. ? 

Was back today filling in a flu vent but there was black ice everywhere. I'm worried about wfp water icing up on the ground and a customer suing me so its a no brainer to keep toastie in my study. I need to get back to righting anyway so now's a good a time as any. ? 
Are you actually working on a book? We have a cleaner here who writes. He's got a few sci fi ones on amazon. I'll have to look them up again. 

We were able to work during the first lockdown so I imagine this will be the case this time round too. The Govt wants as many people to continue working to keep the economy going where it's "safe" to do so. 

We are allowed to work in scotland.

But taking this week off n perhaps another.

An amateur weather guy up here is saying that there is signs that there is possible signs of a beast from the east brewing but will be clearer at the end of the week.

Thankfully got my new neoprene wellies today. 

We are allowed to work in scotland.

But taking this week off n perhaps another.

An amateur weather guy up here is saying that there is signs that there is possible signs of a beast from the east brewing but will be clearer at the end of the week.

Thankfully got my new neoprene wellies today. 
Windys weather is the only weather to follow up here haha

Hot water freezes as quickly as cold in minus zero conditions I believe ?

You can be his proofreader ? He could have been righting a wrong
I might get a copy.

My table is wobbly ?

We were able to work during the first lockdown so I imagine this will be the case this time round too. The Govt wants as many people to continue working to keep the economy going where it's "safe" to do so. 
This is why we still have the pandemic. If everyone stayed at home for a few weeks it would go. Just my opinion of course 

Back