Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New build clean

Scottholt

Hi guys hope your all ok, I’ve been asked to give a qoute for cleaning windows on a building site, basically clean the exterior before buyers move in. Have any of you priced this type of work up before do you add extra % on your normal clean ? I was told if I price up fair there 40 houses potential to clean windows and other exterior. Thanks 

There is plenty of info regarding builders cleans on the site, the vast majority of which is don't do it. The fact they have mentioned "fair" would have my alarm bells ringing. We appreciate being a newbie new business is very tempting but even if you charged treble with all the disclaimers regarding scratches etc you'd probably end up working for less than your target rate and end up dreading the next batch being ready.

There is plenty of info regarding builders cleans on the site, the vast majority of which is don't do it. The fact they have mentioned "fair" would have my alarm bells ringing. We appreciate being a newbie new business is very tempting but even if you charged treble with all the disclaimers regarding scratches etc you'd probably end up working for less than your target rate and end up dreading the next batch being ready.
Thanks the information is on this site is it ? 

Are you talkinf about builders cleans or stockplot cleans?

I do stock plot cleaning for Lovells, in my locality, stock plot clean is the cleans between the builders clean and people moving in.

When i quoted them i was cheaper by the other window cleaners theyd used by along long way, so we agreed that they would also pay for the new owners first clean, which works out really well as i get to meet the new owners and they nearly all sign up to regular cleans.

Are you talkinf about builders cleans or stockplot cleans?

I do stock plot cleaning for Lovells, in my locality, stock plot clean is the cleans between the builders clean and people moving in.

When i quoted them i was cheaper by the other window cleaners theyd used by along long way, so we agreed that they would also pay for the new owners first clean, which works out really well as i get to meet the new owners and they nearly all sign up to regular cleans.
So I’ve been asked 1st to clean a house that someone has just moved and not happy how dirty it is so it must be stockplot. I haven’t seen the property yet I have to meet up next week to go over details, so what is class as a builders clean ? I’m new so wouldn’t know the difference 

So I’ve been asked 1st to clean a house that someone has just moved and not happy how dirty it is so it must be stockplot. I haven’t seen the property yet I have to meet up next week to go over details, so what is class as a builders clean ? I’m new so wouldn’t know the difference 
A builders clean is normally where there is bits of cement and shite over the glass and the frames and stickers from the installation on glass and frames.

I dont do them, there is a cleaning firm that does them then i just go in and do the stockplot clean (maintenance clean)

If you're expected to clean cement, stickers, vinyl etc off the windows its' a builders clean. If it's as @HWCS does then this is just like a first wash job. I believe the new Covid rules will prevent you doing any internal work of occupied housing though.

A builders clean is normally where there is bits of cement and shite over the glass and the frames and stickers from the installation on glass and frames.

I dont do them, there is a cleaning firm that does them then i just go in and do the stockplot clean (maintenance clean
He did mention some of the on going work would have stickers on windows, would you recommend not to do these cleans ? Or would you do them but charge lot more ? 

He did mention some of the on going work would have stickers on windows, would you recommend not to do these cleans ? Or would you do them but charge lot more ? 
@Part Timer or @Pjj would be better to advise on this, but personally i dont touch them.

I know a guy locally that does and he charges £100 per bedroom for them so a 3 bed house is £300 a 5 bed house is £500 no idea what hit rate he has when quoting them though

@Part Timer or @Pjj would be better to advise on this, but personally i dont touch them.

I know a guy locally that does and he charges £100 per bedroom for them so a 3 bed house is £300 a 5 bed house is £500 no idea what hit rate he has when quoting them though
I've neve done one as always declined to quote, heard far to many horror stories. There will probably be a need to use ladders as well so that's a straight no for me.

We have done this type of work in the past but wouldn’t do it now , the only exception would be for an existing customer having an extension built and Evan then they would have to be a very good customer with a very posh house we certainly wouldn’t do it on a 3 bed semi , but it would be with great reluctance and I always suggest the builders should sort it out , I have been stung doing jobs like this for builders in the past , so we wouldn’t do it fir them only the owner of the house . There is plenty of well paying normal regular window cleaning work out there so I don’t feel builders cleans are worth the hassle. But if ones are short of work then I understand why they do them , as a guide the last two houses we did were £750 each but that included windows inside and out remove tape from all windows and stickers , clean all gutters facias soffits , but I wouldn’t do it again . 

I need a cleaning company that would clean out not only the outside windows but also the inside the office space so to speak. I own a few apartments as well as empty areas that can be used as a store or something like that. I have been looking for a decent cleaning company that did something in the lines of being my main area of search since that is where my space is at but any part would be fine.
 I mean I can try and clean it myself but there are some things that I can't do even with a lot of help and with potential tenants moving in I want to make a great job, especially with the pandemic. So if you guys are aware of someone who does work like that please do share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back