Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When things go wrong!

Stephen Brown

Having and ordered and received a Water Genie Trolley from The Cleaning Warehouse I then proceeded to set it up, only to find the battery would not charge. After various phone calls I discovered that the 7.5amp fuse fitted needed to be a 10amp fuse in order for the battery to charge. This meant that I had to take the trolley apart, yes wheels and everything else had to come off to get the battery out.

Today I turned up at my customers property in order to clean the windows and the water trolley, I am afraid, lost it's Genie. It just would not start, annoying to say the least. After eventually getting to speak to someone at The Cleaning Warehouse it seems, apart from all the other suggestions like getting a car battery charger (with crocodile clips) and try to charge the battery that way?

No good I do not possess a car battery charger so the only option left is to wrap it all up and send it back to the Cleaning Warehouse by courier and of course I have to pay for that too.....warranty, what warranty!

Steve Brown.

Having and ordered and received a Water Genie Trolley from The Cleaning Warehouse I then proceeded to set it up, only to find the battery would not charge. After various phone calls I discovered that the 7.5amp fuse fitted needed to be a 10amp fuse in order for the battery to charge. This meant that I had to take the trolley apart, yes wheels and everything else had to come off to get the battery out.

Today I turned up at my customers property in order to clean the windows and the water trolley, I am afraid, lost it's Genie. It just would not start, annoying to say the least. After eventually getting to speak to someone at The Cleaning Warehouse it seems, apart from all the other suggestions like getting a car battery charger (with crocodile clips) and try to charge the battery that way?

No good I do not possess a car battery charger so the only option left is to wrap it all up and send it back to the Cleaning Warehouse by courier and of course I have to pay for that too.....warranty, what warranty!

Steve Brown.
We all just buy a Gardiner backpack £115 and a sack trolley and never have any problems for a few years.

Further to my previous post. I have just ordered a Nano trolley (hoping this one is more reliable) as I have a lot of elderly customers that rely on me, I also clean carpets and upholstery ( not too bad for someone who is 67 next month). My point is this. The Carpet Cleaning Warehouse left me with two choices, take it or leave it. I actually care about the services I provide and surprisingly I trust companies I deal with should at least be the same, after all do we not keep them in business? I am now looking at Gardiner products.

My post is not out of ill will as I am not a malicious person but in all honesty I could not recommend anyone to buy from The Cleaning Warehouse, please note that this is just my view. Happy New Year to all.

Further to my previous post. I have just ordered a Nano trolley (hoping this one is more reliable) as I have a lot of elderly customers that rely on me, I also clean carpets and upholstery ( not too bad for someone who is 67 next month). My point is this. The Carpet Cleaning Warehouse left me with two choices, take it or leave it. I actually care about the services I provide and surprisingly I trust companies I deal with should at least be the same, after all do we not keep them in business? I am now looking at Gardiner products.

My post is not out of ill will as I am not a malicious person but in all honesty I could not recommend anyone to buy from The Cleaning Warehouse, please note that this is just my view. Happy New Year to all.
There customer services is shocking! I don't use them any more. there complete fools

Steve Brown.
Sounds like a shockingly Shite brand with zero in house testing customer service and confidence.

Get a backpack and trolley 

67 is nothing, should of quoted the sale of goods act to them and mention your consumer rights. Walk away and don't use them again 

The Carpet Cleaning Warehouse left me with two choices, take it or leave it
Don't let them get away with that! If the item is not fit for purpose then you should receive a refund including return postage. If they supplied it with incorrect fuse and expected you to repair then that was very kind of you to save them the return costs! 

Please don't let them get away with terrible customer service. Please tell me you used a credit card? If you did contact your card supplier and explain they supplied you with goods that are not fit for purpose and they are refusing to refund you.  The card company can do a chargeback, that will make Carpet Cleaning Warehouse sit up as the money will be pulled back from them!!!!

Well said,  @ched999uk
I was going to suggest exactly the same. "Take it or leave it." makes my blood boil. It would be great to have that in writing.

If it were me, I'd go stealthfully and build a good solid paper trail. I'd tell the supplier I wasn't happy with product by email. Give valid reasons. Keep a record of who was involved in the conversations, what was said and when it was said. Words spoken are classed as he said, she said because they are difficult to prove. This is why a sound and solid paper trail is so important.

Facts are facts : if something is bought new, it should be supplied fit for purpose.

I'd gather the evidence quietly. Let them get cocky and underestimate me. I speak from more than one successful experience.

Two that come to mind are once with a very large utility contractor (R E Docwra, now Clancy Docwra) and once with Irish Government. I was very much perceived to be the weaker party on both occasions. Initially.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed in kindness the replies and comments and thank you all for the same. I have never put money before pride, I keep getting told off for the same.

I have never entered a forum before but this time I felt I should, as I said I feel deeply about the services I provide. perhaps I should not put this up but one elderly lady, no mobility, through room and hall.....£20:00 I do not do what I do for profit, believe me. 

You now think I am crazy but this is the way I am and I now move on, thanking you all.

I have noticed in kindness the replies and comments and thank you all for the same. I have never put money before pride, I keep getting told off for the same.

I have never entered a forum before but this time I felt I should, as I said I feel deeply about the services I provide. perhaps I should not put this up but one elderly lady, no mobility, through room and hall.....£20:00 I do not do what I do for profit, believe me. 

You now think I am crazy but this is the way I am and I now move on, thanking you all.
Join in more often and get yourself known. We are family and all do the same thing with passion and help others who partake in forum life.

It's horrible when a purchase goes wrong but you have rights and a valid reason for better professional service. 

That is a very commendable attitude pity the supplier doesn't work that way. 

Don't be a stranger, it's great to hear other peoples experience we all learn for others, even if it's just who to avoid buying kit from.

Please keep posting, we are a friendly bunch.

Please be patient but at the end of all my posts it states "please keep posting we are a friendly bunch" I am kind of lost with that could someone kindly explain, age does not come on its own I am afraid. 

Please be patient but at the end of all my posts it states "please keep posting we are a friendly bunch" I am kind of lost with that could someone kindly explain, age does not come on its own I am afraid. 
You're losing me with the formalities and wording.

The message we are trying to get across is we have a laugh we help others with advice and technical enquiries. 

Please keep posting... dont sit behind the scenes, jump on the stage and join in with like minded chat in general your experiences, your skillsets may benefit others 

Should anyone wish to clarify or question anything above you are welcome to contact me 
We have a message function to use , also post a pic of your backpack and the inline fuse as if anything like other BP's as I said in a previous reply the fuse should be able to be swapped out for a bigger fuse which can bought from Halfords or somewhere similar. 

Thank you for the replies; I did try other fuses, up to 40amps and no joy I of course checked wiring etc just in case something had worked itself loose again no joy.

Steve Brown.
@Stephen Brownhope you get it sorted soon and as others have said stay active in the forum, I'm sure you have many life lessons to share and this is a chatty bunch here. ?

Back