Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up as a wfp window cleaner

JT1

A little back ground first.

I drive school buses for a living. Part time. I work in the mornings and the afternoons taking kids of all ages to and from school.

my neighbour asked if I would clean his windows. I said of course as I have four hours at home during the day.

Then another neighbour asked. 

Then another.

So now I have two bungalows and a house to clean on a monthly basis.

When driving the buses I get out of bed every day at 0500 and earn £40 a day. And I'm getting a bit fed up of doing it for so little. But it's regular work.

So I've decided to try and get more window cleaning work. (Hopefully I can pack in the driving).

I really don't do ladders if at all possible. (Always had a great fear of the instability) 

I have to use one to do the neighbours house of course. But not a happy bunny when I'm up there.

So I'm thinking of investing in one of these to start.  

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/home-di-waterfed-pole-kit-4733-p.asp?_=&variantid=6291&utm_medium=google&utm_source=ppc&utm_campaign=tcw-shopping-high&gclid=Cj0KCQiA88X_BRDUARIsACVMYD-S5r_jAY9u12JQhsIfXLMDxDJg3DRqJ0vezonAmMWfULyBM2Bs54gaAnv2EALw_wcB

I know I live in a hard water area, But can't afford, Nor do I have room for a home based RO kit.

I will just have to take the hit on resin until I get established. 

I've watched loads of vids on youtube from various cleaners (Green pro clean etc. And seen some great advice from all of them.

As a newbie who hates ladders, I would be restricting myself to bungalows if I stick to traditional cleaning.

As a complete novice I would appreciate any advice going. Especially about the system above.

Thank you lads and lasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is asked nearly everyday. I would imagine that’s why nobody has replied. In the search bar at the top type in starting up. Tons of info. Happy searching?

It will do the job but you need the TDS meter as you will have to check your water purity regularly. I wouldn't get the pole they are offering though. Search the site for more info as you will learn a lot more reading the info on here

To be honest, It was the system I wanted peoples views on.
It's no good for where you live. Either look up your nearest Spotless water filling station or up your budget massively to purchase an RO system 

Wouldn't buy that kit if I were you. As someone just starting out and doesn't know how things will pan out my advice (like another that replied) either find a spotless water place or see if a large window cleaning company will sell you water. Get a pole and backpack from Gardiner's and you're good to go.

Using resin in a hard water area will be mighty expensive. And you will end up getting another DI vessel (more expense) to prolong the resin. But the thing about WFP is you have to get the TDS down to zero and certainly not above high single figures. If not using WFP is pointless.

Back