Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley set up advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

richb77

Hi, hope you all had a good Christmas and new year. I’m looking to set up a trolley system for one area of my round. The properties are park home estates (the static caravan type ones). I have about 40-50 on there and they are currently done traditionally as can’t leave hose trailing everywhere with the old people about. Therefore the idea is to have a trolley system so the hose is only round the property I am cleaning. Having got most the kit I’m just unsure of what pump will be required. I have a full wfp set up in the van and don’t want to mess around taking it apart once a month. The windows are only max 8ft to the top and I could easily use 10-12 meter of hose. Any advice on what pump could (and probably should) be used. TIA.

Hi, hope you all had a good Christmas and new year. I’m looking to set up a trolley system for one area of my round. The properties are park home estates (the static caravan type ones). I have about 40-50 on there and they are currently done traditionally as can’t leave hose trailing everywhere with the old people about. Therefore the idea is to have a trolley system so the hose is only round the property I am cleaning. Having got most the kit I’m just unsure of what pump will be required. I have a full wfp set up in the van and don’t want to mess around taking it apart once a month. The windows are only max 8ft to the top and I could easily use 10-12 meter of hose. Any advice on what pump could (and probably should) be used. TIA.
Other than Buying a dud which won't work and cost efficiency i strongly suggest buying a Gardiner backpack system and solid heavy duty sack truck and some cam buckle straps.

Don't buy the cheapest sack truck you find as I guarantee it will snap in half in no time.

Many other questions like yours have been asked and you'll find alot of the answers by searching through the water fed pole thread or use the search bar 

Other than Buying a dud which won't work and cost efficiency i strongly suggest buying a Gardiner backpack system and solid heavy duty sack truck and some cam buckle straps.

Don't buy the cheapest sack truck you find as I guarantee it will snap in half in no time.

Many other questions like yours have been asked and you'll find alot of the answers by searching through the water fed pole thread or use the search bar 
Cheers I’ll have a look through the posts. The only reason for the sack truck was to carry more water as I have a streamflow back pack type system but only holds 17ltr but wanted to be able to carry more. Maybe 2 x 20/25litre Jerry cans

Cheers I’ll have a look through the posts. The only reason for the sack truck was to carry more water as I have a streamflow back pack type system but only holds 17ltr but wanted to be able to carry more. Maybe 2 x 20/25litre Jerry cans
It will be heavy carrying two 25 litre canisters. We had a pure freedom trolley very good piece of kit, but with one 25 litre it was quite heavy, the trolley isn’t light, it’s a good trolley though. I guess it’s not an easy solution

The streamline 2x25L dual trolley system was well made but impossible to work with due to it's sheer weight and inability to manoeuvre with ease. It was a tall handled frame and the large wheels always loved your toes.

I have my own trolley system which carries a single 25L barrel. If and when it's empty a simply grab another barrel from the van.

Due to the nature of my round a 25L Pure Freedom trolley has worked very well for me for 13 yrs.

Most 25L barrels will hold 28L when filled to the brim. You can save on weight, if it's important to you, by using the PF Nano trolley or finding a second hand standard PF trolley and modifying it like I've done. Using a backpack pump, 7 or 10ah battery and pneumatic tyres will nearly halve the weight of a standard PF trolley and it does make a difference especially getting it in and out of a vehicle.

You have a full wfp set up in the van!? Why on earth would you want to be lugging and messing with a trolley?

We do quite a few park homes. All from the van. Never a problem. If they're spread out we pull up adjacent and do one at a time. If there's two or three together we pull up and work both ways from the middle. We don't have them in rows, if we did we'd probably do them in threes. There's no need to do loads from one spot and trail hoses all over the place. We work on our left from side and back doors.
We just move the van We work the same with groups of houses.

Seems to me that you're making things far more difficult for yourself than they need to be.

Sincere apologies for the lecture. I'm just a stickler for working efficiently and I hate seeing people make hard work for themselves.

As for trailing hoses : that's the modern equipment for the job. Your providing a maintenance service. Shouldn't be an issue unless you're reckless. You wouldn't have asked for advice on here if that was your nature. ?

Maybe you have a reason for doing it your way but we've never done it any differently to the way I described. ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
Back