Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So much traffic!

mupps

There doesn't seem to be any reduction of traffic on the roads; I thought people were supposed to be travelling for work or essential trips only, or may be to travel to somewhere for excersise. Doesn't anyone listen! What was it like in your area today? 

There doesn't seem to be any reduction of traffic on the roads; I thought people were supposed to be travelling for work or essential trips only, or may be to travel to somewhere for excersise. Doesn't anyone listen! What was it like in your area today? 
Yesterday was very quiet, even some bad roadworks on the A19 were free moving. Today was a bit busier, had to drive towards the Metrocentre which is usually very busy, but nothing like they usually are.

A lot quieter around Royal Wootton Bassett, the surrounding villages and in West Swindon. That was today between 9:15 and 1:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worse than the first lockdown. I think for the most part people have given up caring and run their chance with the law. 

In Devon you'd not think it was a lockdown and there were restrictions on unless travel 

Been busier here in lockdown than it was when we were tier 2 or 3. Think there was less traffic about on Christmas day when everyone was allowed to travel?

Yes exactly the same hear just as busy as normal , we had lunch overlooking a beach there were groups of up to a dozen people no social distancing ,and it was clear that they had all gone there to meet up , crazy .

They are all in the supermarkets never bleedin quiet in those places, 

I wouldn't really expect the roads to be much quieter as most businesses are open as usual, factories, building sites, garages for repairs and services etc and there supply chains, people are expecting it to be as quiet as it was last in March and April it ain't going to be that way at all. 

Roads are a lot quieter in Kent but still more vehicles on the road compared to the first lockdown. 

People are realising now that they are still allowed out with a reasonable excuse. 

I'm just glad the death rate wasn't as bad as the five years between 2000 - 2005. Just think how terrified people would be if the mortality rate was as high as it was back then.

IMG_20210108_101610.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-21-03-314_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-21-03-314_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back