Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

is this caused by WFP?

Amazin

Not sure how I should answer that. I've already explained to him that is the condensation trapped in between the glass and he seem to believe me but now he seems to think it's caused by WFP. He's new to the house because I was cleaning for the previous owners. I said I will do it trad next time just to calm him down but I need to go back to wfp at some point. Do you think it could be true?

136412648_391782985254949_8494718209115012734_n.jpg

136423337_750859339182897_2500476178634636945_n.jpg

136382355_858923748293480_1217919136555480055_n.jpg

Looks like sealed unit has failed. If it's cloudy it's just early stages. As time goes on it will get worse and worse. Offer to not clean that unit and I would bet it will get worse over a couple of months.

The sealed unit is 2 pains of glass with an inert gas sealed between. When the seal between the 2 pains fails the inert gas is replaced by air which has moisture in. When the glass gets below due point the water condenses inside.

Nothing to do with cleaning.

The problem is his......the seals have gone.....I clean loads of windows with blown seals....wfp doesn't help when theyve gone but most customers  understand it's their problem.....

As it's just that one ground floor window I'd just trad it until he gets it fixed.....

Not sure how I should answer that. I've already explained to him that is the condensation trapped in between the glass and he seem to believe me but now he seems to think it's caused by WFP. He's new to the house because I was cleaning for the previous owners. I said I will do it trad next time just to calm him down but I need to go back to wfp at some point. Do you think it could be true?

View attachment 22938

View attachment 22940

View attachment 22941
From what I can see through the quality of the image against artificial light it appears that the sealed unit may of blown with age and the inert gas escaping 

View attachment 22938

View attachment 22940

View attachment 22941
Ask him what happens when it rains, just advise him to get a window firm out and change the units and his issue will be resolved, rather than expecting you to go up a ladder to clean one window 

Just noticed it's an upper window not ground floor.....personally I'd miss that window out until he has got it sorted...sod getting the ladders off...itll turn into a grudge clean then!.....??

Its a sealed unit that has blown and the air gets in and condenses into water droplets. Nothing a tall to do with you and if you Trad it then it will still be the same. All you do is fit a sealed unit for them, I do it all the time and its a nice earner if you know a double glazing maker who sells them.  

Back