Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting WFP help?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ricksher

Hey guys. What better place to get advice then people in your trade!

just got a Peugeot partner 850 payload. Wanting to buy a WFP system and get going with that! Cleaned traditional for 5 years. Can see the sense of WFP!

Want to build a DIY system as it’s cheaper I have a £2,000 budget.

Also want to purify water at home.

Wondering what my best options are and exactly what I would need to buy! I will have a read online anyway but if you’re happy to help then please do! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. So we don't repeat ourselves use the search box at the top and look for installs, tanks, and ro etc. Then ask specific questions. 

Not trying to be unhelpful, just same question is asked a few times a day.

just got a Peugeot partner 850 payload. Wanting to buy a WFP system and get going with that! Cleaned traditional for 5 years. Can see the sense of WFP!

Wondering what my best options are and exactly what I would need to buy! I will have a read online anyway but if you’re happy to help then please do! 

For my van I just rang pure freedom and ordered a diy set up which consists of tank of whatever size you need, pump and controller on a plate and the hose fittings which I believe come with it, tap kit for tank, some length of whatever size hose you need which only you will know how long you’ll need it. obviously you’ll need a hose reel and fittings and an pole of your choice with fittings and a brush head. Also you’ll need to install a split relay or have a leisure battery and charger but that’s the basics I may have missed something but I’m sure somebody will add in if I have and if you ring pure freedom and speak to them about a diy set up they should be able to help you. There are probably other cheaper ways like ordering the stuff of eBay and what not but this is what I just recently done so thought it may be of some help. ?p.s you’ll also need to secure the tank so a cage maybe needed as well! 

Location is key as if you are in a hard water area this will determine what you need to process water, as for diy been cheap not so much if you are just chucking a tank in the back of van and endangering your life with an insecure tank, with a 2K budget you could get a pro system fitted here is one example https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie-pro-lite-500l-3387-p.asp but there will be fitting price on top of that which might be £400 

Just make sure the tank is in a frame and bolted in, rather than use a ratchet system. 

Can't advise on what to get though, sorry. 

Hey I would still be looking at a professional installations just buying the system bits separate to save £££
If you buy all the bits yourself I doubt you would get professional installation. 
unless you class a friend as such. 
Companies that do  these systems use their own stuff, hence a guarantee and any problems you can go back to them. 
You can’t take your own stuff and expect them to fit it all to their standards. 
why not get a TDS meter, see what you tap water TDS is, then you know if you need a DI system or an RO system. Then decide if you producing water in the van or at home. Then go from there. 
People can advise better then. 

Back