Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Andrew Kelly cleaning

How do you price them up 
I look at it and estimate how long it will take then add a bit more time , work out material costs then add a bit just in case , work out what we need to earn per hour , see what figure I have if I feel it’s to cheap then I increase it a bit if Ime happy with it then that’s the price 

This is s big one which will include a cherry picker thinking itll prop take most of week I'm thinking  400 a day then adding on the costs 

This is s big one which will include a cherry picker thinking itll prop take most of week I'm thinking  400 a day then adding on the costs 
I've got no experience on this type of thing but is this a one man or 2 man job. Sounds a bit skinny even if it's one man job compared to what I'd be looking to charge for window cleaning.

However you probably know a lot more than me so good luck getting it.

All depends on the method used for  cleaning , pressure washing something like that will need two people at least for  the rams if using cherry picker also the possibility of getting water ingress ,and stripping, soft washing or wfp are also options , £400 per day doesn’t sound a lot to me for  that kind of work it wouldn’t be worth doing far more money to be earned from domestic window cleaning and far less risk . Don’t want to put on a public forum what we charge as certain ones will see it as boasting but would think it should be in the region of £600-800 per day plus expenses at least . If you want to get experience doing this type of work then £400 is ok as you are earning something and gaining experience, that’s what I did when starting out .

Daft question but what are rams
I don’t want to be rude but if you don’t know what rams are do you really think you should be doing this kind of work a risk assessment should be a basic if any job , working at height has a lot of legal requirements you need to know , might pay to learn that before embarking on commercial work as they should be asking you for copies of your rams and insurance as a minimum and any qualifications for the equipment being used .

I have done quite a few units but not on this scale I may just knock it on head 

And I have also done one off the cherry picker in the past and I wasnt asked for rams

Back