Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White upvc frames maintenance.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

moto

When taking new customers, I always deep clean frames so they look like new. Noticed some white upvc frames going gray again after a year despite being cleaned every 6 weeks. Is my 35cm extreme brush not scrubbing the dirt enough, or are 6 weekly visits not enough to keep them in top condition? What can I do to improve this?

If an anual deep clean is needed, would you charge the customer double again? Or, just do one a day at no extra costs to the customer? No complaints, but I can see some may need a deep clean again soon... thanks

Depends what’s causing the grey , if it’s the seals leaching black there is nothing you can do they are perished and will continue to contaminate the  frames , obviously the more frequent the clean the less will it will notice . I have also found when the weather is bad it seams to make this situation far worse think it’s the water pulling the colour out of the seals 

Yes, exactly what I'm talking about, usually the older windows. Would you offer a deep clean to the customer, ignore it, or just use some tfr once a year... ? Thanks

Yes, exactly what I'm talking about, usually the older windows. Would you offer a deep clean to the customer, ignore it, or just use some tfr once a year... ? Thanks
I have tried everything and you can bring the frames up like new by going up a ladder and using various cream cleaners , or pink stuff but it doesn’t last long within a few weeks especially with bad wether they will go grey again then the customer is moaning saying they paid xxx for you to clean them and they don’t look any better , now we just use pure on them and say that’s the best we can do , I explain what’s happening , if we do a gfs clean using Virosol we would go over the frames with that but it won’t totally remove the grey .

When taking new customers, I always deep clean frames so they look like new. Noticed some white upvc frames going gray again after a year despite being cleaned every 6 weeks. Is my 35cm extreme brush not scrubbing the dirt enough, or are 6 weekly visits not enough to keep them in top condition? What can I do to improve this?

If an anual deep clean is needed, would you charge the customer double again? Or, just do one a day at no extra costs to the customer? No complaints, but I can see some may need a deep clean again soon... 
I wouldn't worry and it sounds like you're a bit OCD. I usually say you need to manage your customers expectations but in this case I think you need to manage yours ?

Back