Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peoples average Dailey takens and methods ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dt 20

Hi there I’m wanting to know what sort of money people average per day 

also what payment methods do use use as I’m TRYING to move all customers on to gocardless as im sick off been a charity.

thanks all ?

Pretty much same as above

1. None of your business

2. Post a card with bank details on and customers transfer to my account using their address as reference. Chase a few but their all pretty good. Bin any that are a pain and forget repeatedly 

Phone universal credit and ask the figures they pay out then u will find out what most window cleaners officially earn ?

Everyones yearly income verys, depends on many factors.

Electronic payments is the way to go.

We are all broke and always chasing money..don't get into this industry I think everyone here would agree ?

Hi there I’m wanting to know what sort of money people average per day 

also what payment methods do use use as I’m TRYING to move all customers on to gocardless as im sick off been a charity.

thanks all ?
70% BACS

20% CASH

8%   CARD PAYMENTS 

2%   STANDING ORDER

Daily figure varies....anything from £200-£300 per day.....

We accept BACS, cash, cheques, as for earnings that depends what jobs you do how many hours you work and what you want to earn per hour , being self employed I would say you need to earn minimum of £30 per hour , that’s not what we earn but I would say that’s a starting point , you need to take into account no holiday pay , no sick pay , bad weather , etc .

I use 98% gocardless with a payment failure rate of 0.07% (0% outstanding debt) 

It's very rare that I don't get paid every clean

We only allow very good customers 2 washes, wouldn't give the Queen a third wash without payment for the previous 2.

The majority of new businesses that fail do so because of poor cash flow. If your customers don't appreciate that then they don't deserve to be called a customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
We only allow very good customers 2 washes, wouldn't give the Queen a third wash without payment for the previous 2.

The majority of new businesses that fail due so because of poor cash flow. If your customers don't appreciate that then they don't deserve to be called a customer.
Exactly mate

why let miss”s smith go 2 cleans 

only reason I’m in business and that’s for one thing only and that’s moving moving money out of a customers bank account in to mine 

that’s why I’m going all gocardless as they just don’t have the option to pay when they want 

Can u ring sky tv and ask tell them you will pay next month no not happing or your service will be cut off 

I understand where you're coming from and I don't want @Iron Giant biting my ankles but I'm no fan of gocardless. I only do about £1200 a month of residential so money collection isn't a big problem to me. I just feel without a bit of personal interaction to build up a relationship with your customers you are at a greater risk of losing them to a cheaper competitor.

At the end of the day it's your business and you have to do what you think is best for yours.

Back