Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to go about reaching this window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BradHenderson

This may be a bit of a stupid one lads but is the best way for me to get to this back left window gonna be stick a ladder up against the back side of the conservatory and get to it from there?

1D4230BB-7895-4AC7-8B63-F9DACA66A8D5.jpeg

Very few questions posted on this forum are stupid. ?

It's hard to say what the best way is from the photo. I almost never work a pole from a ladder, it's far too risky especially if there is any sideways working. Having the weight to the side can fell you and the ladder in a heartbeat. It also puts a lot of strain on the abdomen, back and shoulders. I used to do one or two awkward windows from a short ladder against an extension but not anymore.

Now what I do if needs be, is rest the pole on the low gutter and slide it carefully. I sometimes use a short piece of foam sleeve (the type they put on scaffold uprights) as a cushion. I can see that the crest on the conservatory is also in the way. Another possibility is to use the top rung of a short ladder as a higher pivot/sliding point for the pole while standing safely on the ground. This might allow you to keep the pole above the crest.

Looks an awkward enough bit of a window to get to, especially the bottom of it.

Good luck.

I'm with dave there. Kind of like a snooker player using the spider! Doesn't appear to have vents either so not as problematic a clean

I use a step ladder with platform on top for jobs like these. Get the tallest you can fit in your van. There great for reaching over things rather than straining yourself. And for cleaning Connie roofs or clearing low gutters. Just obviously make sure you get it stable and flat before standing on it. And don’t lean over to keep your weight cantered. 
https://www.diy.com/departments/werner-7-tread-aluminium-steel-platform-step-ladder-h-2-12m/5010845000290_BQ.prd

I pressume you mean by wfp?

if not ignore me ?

As already mentioned either from the side if can’t see the full length of the window from the front I use an extreme 25 for these awkward window.

sometimes you may need small step ladder just a close of rungs high to get that extra stretch from the front. 

If going over the conny, watch the finials!!!! Try from side with a swivel on brush. If not, can you walk down the garden to where you can see the bottom of the window. That should give you an idea of how long a pole you need.

Is it all one house,as cant tell how long conny is? If not ask neighbour if you can work from their garden. Use a swivel on your brush head.

Canvass and start cleaning the house next door (unless you have tried this already ? ) then do the awkward window on the other house from next doors back garden.

Canvass and start cleaning the house next door (unless you have tried this already ? ) then do the awkward window on the other house from next doors back garden.
To be fair that window isn’t that difficult to do we have a lot of estate houses with very similar set ups a 22 or 25 foot pole will reach that without to much issue , I think this is ware experience comes into play , the general expression is “ if you can see it you can clean it “ usually works .

To be fair that window isn’t that difficult to do we have a lot of estate houses with very similar set ups a 22 or 25 foot pole will reach that without to much issue , I think this is ware experience comes into play , the general expression is “ if you can see it you can clean it “ usually works .
Agree that is what I always say..."if you can see it you can clean it." 

This scenario I also think is "experience"...

The proper length pole, swivel, goose necks...most windows are doable if you can see them clearly. 

to me thats just a run of the mill window on some parts of my round...im actually cleaning 70+ houses on one large estate this week and lots of them have a similar window over a conservatory....i usually reach them from the side with an xtreme 25 with a carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush....easy......

no need for ladders at all.....

Latest Posts

Back