Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chasing payments

AllGleam

Hi guys/gals happy Sunday hope you are all well and had a nice xmas from what could be made of it lol, anyways to the issue I'm having, I cleaned a customer's windows Wednesday and even though they where in I message to say professionally that the clean has been completed they usually pay via bank trans a couple of times after previous cleans I've had to send reminder but this time I've sent 3 reminders and feel my messages are being ignored it's a £10 annoyed as yes its only a window clean to them but a small portion of my Bill's money lol

A knock on the door Sunday morning should sort the issue and give them a verbal reminder of payment terms and conditions, of the problem persists then it’s a dump job 

My gut instinct is~get your payment even if you have to keep at them. Then walk away and remove them from your round.

No telling them you're dropping them, no apologies, no, "Thank you for the custom." Just move on. You will replace them even if it takes a while. I charge for one visit, not to be chasing payments.

If they contact you to ask why you haven't been back and you didn't tell them. They have already wasted too much of your time so you gave their space to the next person on your waiting list.

Hi. Experience I have is some customers overspend in December and wait until Jan’s pay packet. It doesn’t make it right, but it happens. 
if you cleaned them Wednesday and have sent ‘reminders’ I’d ignore you to. 
one reminder a week is a little more professional and if they are always slow to pay, replace them. 
It’s tough when you start/need the money, I know

good luck. Minty

Chasing payments? Welcome to the window cleaning world ! u will always be chasing money when your a window cleaner ?

Annoying as but it is what it is

Chasing payments? Welcome to the window cleaning world ! u will always be chasing money when your a window cleaner ?

It's easy these days...no collecting!....?.....I literally dont have to do anything apart from send a text reminder after 14 days of clean if I've not been paid....most do though so it's only a handful every month...

I'm usually owed £500-£1500 at any one time.....it comes in eventually....?

Hi guys/gals happy Sunday hope you are all well and had a nice xmas from what could be made of it lol, anyways to the issue I'm having, I cleaned a customer's windows Wednesday and even though they where in I message to say professionally that the clean has been completed they usually pay via bank trans a couple of times after previous cleans I've had to send reminder but this time I've sent 3 reminders and feel my messages are being ignored it's a £10 annoyed as yes its only a window clean to them but a small portion of my Bill's money lol
I stipulate PLEASE PAY WITHIN 14 DAYS...on my slips....sending a text reminder after a couple of days sounds a bit desperate IMO.....

It's easy these days...no collecting!....?.....I literally dont have to do anything apart from send a text reminder after 14 days of clean if I've not been paid....most do though so it's only a handful every month...

I'm usually owed £500-£1500 at any one time.....it comes in eventually....?
No headache and no stress , well done to u for running a business without dealing with them 2 ! Lol.

No headache and no stress , well done to u for running a business without dealing with them 2 ! Lol.
i spent many years collecting...2 hours on a friday and 2 hours on a monday as well as climbing ladders for 17 years!

IMO this business is so easy to run these days...its a doddle.....

round software and electronic payments along with WFP have totally revolutionized being a window cleaner....sometimes i have to pinch myself because of how good ive got it these days.....im very lucky and grateful!

i spent many years collecting...2 hours on a friday and 2 hours on a monday as well as climbing ladders for 17 years!

IMO this business is so easy to run these days...its a doddle.....
Cos ur established this is what happens when u hit 15 plus years of cleaning windows, and u have a small amount of customers with good high prices allowing u to take it easy and reap the rewards for your long term commitment to window cleaning ,  well done.

I never chase payments except a quick standard message I have if someone hasn't paid for over a week.

Don't use gocardless anymore and I don't collect .

I won't clean a customer if they owe from last time, I know some guys treat it as part of the job but if you don't have the respect to pay once I've done the job then I don't want you.

I have enough work for me full time and my employee 3 days a week yet still had only a couple hundred quid outstanding when I went off for xmas.

Once an awkward customer messages to say their windows are filthy and I've not been round for ages I tell them they haven't paid for before so why would I do another freebie.

They get the message and soon change their ways or it's bye bye and I will still get the payment.

It's surprising how sending my 6'5"+ rugby playing son round to collect seems to work ??

I never chase payments except a quick standard message I have if someone hasn't paid for over a week.

Don't use gocardless anymore and I don't collect .

I won't clean a customer if they owe from last time, I know some guys treat it as part of the job but if you don't have the respect to pay once I've done the job then I don't want you.

I have enough work for me full time and my employee 3 days a week yet still had only a couple hundred quid outstanding when I went off for xmas.

Once an awkward customer messages to say their windows are filthy and I've not been round for ages I tell them they haven't paid for before so why would I do another freebie.

They get the message and soon change their ways or it's bye bye and I will still get the payment.

It's surprising how sending my 6'5"+ rugby playing son round to collect seems to work ??
Thats good its nice to be in a position to drop customers cos they pay late, i would love to be in that position 1 day but yeah i like the part where u send your son lmaooooooo ?

3 reminders in 3-4 days seems ott 

Its terrible.....it smacks of desperation......he might need the money...I know I did at one time....needing every penny living hand to mouth.....

But it's a sure way of hacking off a customer and them sacking you off....
True could of done with it TBH but I'm not gonna stress like you guys said  give it a while and sack em off for wasting time 

Back