Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gap in the gutters, any ideas?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ednic

Hi

Big gap in customers gutters, at one of the joints. It was there before I started on the job but now that I've cleared the very full gutters I think the water pouring down might be more noticeable as before I think the muck in the gutters was stopping water flowing.

The gutters won't budge, I've tried pulling both sides but stuck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed

20210111_123407.jpg

We will empty and clean gutters but dont offer a repair service , with something as obvious as this we would have pointed it out to the customer at the quoting stage and suggest that they get a builder or plastic fitted in to sort it out , if they wanted us to vac / clean it we would but I would explain that the gutter is going to need urgent attention after the clean .

It won't move either side, she's a window customer so trusts me when I said it was already apart, but yes I should've pointed it out beforehand though. 

She said she'll get a handyman friend to put something covering the gap. 

It won't move either side, she's a window customer so trusts me when I said it was already apart, but yes I should've pointed it out beforehand though. 

She said she'll get a handyman friend to put something covering the gap. 
It should just need unclipping and realigning. Covering the gap sounds like a bodge.

I see the same problem sometimes. I think the cause might be that the gutters were fitted during hot weather when they've expanded. And then they've contracted just a bit too much to stay in the joint when it's cooled down if they were cut a bit lean. I have a very good customer who had new gutters fitted last year over his conservatory while the conny was having a new roof.  Several joints have come apart. I asked him if it was renewed during the hot weather... It was. He asked if we could fix. We don't do repairs either.

Back