Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing tank to false floor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil Ry

Hi all ..

I getting a retaining frame made from a friend whose a welder , 

My van has a false floor, what will be the best way to secure the tank , as i thinking won't be able to go into the chassis with having the false floor .

Any advice much appreciated 

Hi all ..

My van has a false floor, what will be the best way to secure the tank , as i thinking won't be able to go into the chassis with having the false floor .

i had the same problem in my connect...my local garage just bolted my PF frame through the eyelet threads with screws and angle iron then grippatank fitted my diesel heater to the back end of my tank.....it cost me £80.....

Hi all ..

My old Vauxhall Combo had a false floor (probably because it was based on a car - the Vauxhall Corsa).

I got the local garage to drill through the false floor and right down through to the chassis. In addition they fixed two long steel strips underneath the chassis to which they fastened the long bolts which attached to the frame inside the van.  

Personally I wouldn't just rely on a fixing to the false floor. 

Use studding and go all the through the bottom floor and use spreader plates under the bottom floor. Spreader plates are just huge washers. I am sure your welder mate has some spare steel that can be used. The tank has a big foot print in the van and is heavy, if you just used penny washers under the floor they could just pull through the thin metal floor of the van. If you use angle iron or strip steel extending as far as possible as a 'washer' round each threaded rod (studding) under the van then it will be safer. 

Using the original tie down bolt holes is NO good. They are designed to hold about 100kg so the under floor area strengthening isn't enough.

Cheers lads ..

i pop into the garage  and ask if they can take it right through to the chassis and get me mate to knock some spreader plates up 

Back