Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just come across this guy

Pjj

Premium Member
Just come across this guy softwashing a house using a pressure washer to apply hypo , spraying mix all over the surrounding properties and huge colons of mist vapour , how not to do it ????, it was also interesting the sign written van he’s using is a photo copier service van ?????

4AD93F73-5FA4-49A9-9D1D-AD8BACA0ABE2.jpeg

Just come across this guy softwashing a house using a pressure washer to apply hypo , spraying mix all over the surrounding properties and huge colons of mist vapour , how not to do it ????, it was also interesting the sign written van he’s using is a photo copier service van ?????

View attachment 22998
Lol that home owner isnt going to be to happy when they see the car paint job ruined after a few hours of hypo sitting on the clear coat ?

Lol that home owner isnt going to be to happy when they see the car paint job ruined after a few hours of hypo sitting on the clear coat ?
No and the  house next door has washing on the line in the back garden as well ??? we were the opposite side of the road and the drift was coming on to my van so we rinsed it down once we moved on .  

? holy ****!   I don’t do soft washing myself and  even I know that’s not how ya do it! (Thanks to watching A.E Macintosh and green pro clean, squeaky clean Dave etc) 

Funny you should say that , that’s exactly what we said !!!!
I called out the fire brigade when I seen a guy spraying something onto his two storey roof from the ground. It was going all over the place and I didn't know what he was spraying and with children playing below. Fire engine turned up and went inside. They told me he was spraying weedkiller on the roof but not anymore. He came over and said thanks to me as he didn't realise how dangerous it was. Don't think he will be doing it again.  ?

View attachment 22998
But he was cheaper then you, funny how some people work out value for money. 

How much would you charge to soft wash that house out of interest ???
Wouldn't have the foggiest, probably ask your advice and then halve it to have a chance of getting it up here. Something I might be looking at doing as I have a load of untapped potential work that I could get. Just too old of a dog to learn new tricks but I'm working on it.

Wouldn't have the foggiest, probably ask your advice and then halve it to have a chance of getting it up here. Something I might be looking at doing as I have a load of untapped potential work that I could get. Just too old of a dog to learn new tricks but I'm working on it.
Ime a great believer in offering customers a full external clean on surface , they already know and trust you , and it’s a maximum income stream from less customers, especially commercial customers that it’s a right rigmarole to become an approved contractor with all the paperwork is a pain but if you are already on there list there is none of that .

especially commercial customers that it’s a right rigmarole to become an approved contractor with all the paperwork is a pain but if you are already on there list there is none of that .
Trouble is nowadays you're only approved for what you're approved for. The 2 big PM companies I do work for I'm approved to clean windows and gutters from the floor, with the occasional use of ladders if suitable. For me to be approved for anything else I'd have to go through the registration again for the new category. Submitting RAMS, Insurance etc, it would be easier as the H&S know us so only the odd hoop to jump through. 

Trouble is nowadays you're only approved for what you're approved for. The 2 big PM companies I do work for I'm approved to clean windows and gutters from the floor, with the occasional use of ladders if suitable. For me to be approved for anything else I'd have to go through the registration again for the new category. Submitting RAMS, Insurance etc, it would be easier as the H&S know us so only the odd hoop to jump through. 
We do work for 3 management companies and are registered with them for , window cleaning, gutter vaccing, pressure washing , soft washing , and UPVC cleaning provided I supply them with rams for all  services and show we are covered on insurance policy’s for the same they are fine with that , I also have relevant H&S qualifications 

Do u do softwashing ? If so are u busy with it ?
Yes we do loads and have a back log at the moment booked up until May with that and other add ons .

We do work for 3 management companies and are registered with them for , window cleaning, gutter vaccing, pressure washing , soft washing , and UPVC cleaning provided I supply them with rams for all  services and show we are covered on insurance policy’s for the same they are fine with that , I also have relevant H&S qualifications 

Yes we do loads and have a back log at the moment booked up until May with that and other add ons .
I am starting up in March mate, i know a lot of people who do softwashing spray water over the plants first etc and u got to be careful with them, my plan is to put covers over all plants before cleaning is started with all motors away from the cleaning area, i am also planning on cordoning the area off before application

Am i going over the top or am i doing right ? Thanks

I am starting up in March mate, i know a lot of people who do softwashing spray water over the plants first etc and u got to be careful with them, my plan is to put covers over all plants before cleaning is started with all motors away from the cleaning area, i am also planning on cordoning the area off before application

Am i going over the top or am i doing right ? Thanks
It’s probably best to get some formal training all theses points and many more are covered we have been soft washing for many years and thought I had a very good knowledge of the subject ,I went on a course and was very surprised how much I learned , Darren at purple rhino does courses the cost would be re cooped in a mornings work very good value for money .  

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock