Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting a new business

Zoltan

Hi I’m looking to start a new window cleaning business but I’m slightly nervous about how to set it up and how it will go because I’m new to all of this.as anybody got any suggestions on how to start the business up ie how do I get customers in and how much do people charge customers for there windows to be cleaned?

Use the search box at top right. 

We are generally a friendly bunch but your question gets asked almost every day, so you probably won't get many replies unless you ask specific questions.

If you have never been Self Employed then you have a huge amount to learn. It's not just about cleaning windows. You have to do everything from marketing, accounting, graphic design, plumbing, auto electronics, scheduling, maintenance, insuring, risk assessments, motivation, to name but a few tasks.

Hi I’m looking to start a new window cleaning business but I’m slightly nervous about how to set it up and how it will go because I’m new to all of this.as anybody got any suggestions on how to start the business up ie how do I get customers in and how much do people charge customers for there windows to be cleaned?
Firstly you're right to be nervous as setting up any business is a big leap from paid employment. I don't want to sound rude but you really need to read up about all aspects of setting up and running a business. Unfortunately it's not as easy as getting a few customers and away you go.

There is all sorts of info on here, far more then you'll ever need, I suggest spending 2 or 3 days reading and taking notes. Then when you are slightly more clued up then ask a few more direct questions. Good luck, it's a hard but potentially rewarding path you're looking to take.  

Latest Posts

Back