Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

I am just starting out

Having tested water or anything yet 

just want to see if you guys would know what my water ppm would be by the following pic 

5EE50112-44CD-480C-B2CC-5A54EF5E08B7.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Royf91

• Iron Giant

• harunh

• Pjj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U need to buy a tds meter and then test it that way.

We do a lot of stuff on housing estates we have several hundred on a couple of the ones we do and in other estates have between 20-100 jobs not sure of the total number of property s but guessing the

Posted Images

Neil.. Lancashire
39 minutes ago, Royf91 said:

Having tested water or anything yet 

just want to see if you guys would know what my water ppm would be by the following pic 

5EE50112-44CD-480C-B2CC-5A54EF5E08B7.png

You need to by TDS meter. about a £10

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Neil.. Lancashire said:

You need to by TDS meter. about a £10

It was to see what I need to get for water pure ing as I am only looking at 200 houses every two weeks in my estate 

so just want to know the best option as I don’t want to really buy the filer station with all them tube in it and a vessel on top with just starting out 

1 minute ago, Royf91 said:

It was to see what I need to get for water pure ing as I am only looking at 200 houses every two weeks in my estate 

so just want to know the best option as I don’t want to really buy the filer station with all them tube in it and a vessel on top with just starting out 

U need a tds meter first though.. then you will see if u need an RO or DI setup

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Royf91 said:

OK so you say 200 houses every 2 weeks. Even at £5 a house, which is too cheap, that's £500 a week - £2000 a month!

So IF you get that many customers your income is quite reasonable. Get your self a decent tds meter - not off ebay as many many fakes about. It's also worth getting a water pressure gauge. Then once you have the numbers then you will be able to work out what you need to make pure.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Royf91 said:

TDS meter...cost around £15-£20 then take it from there......are you buying the work off another window cleaner on your estate?

2 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

BB8ADBFE-22F2-494D-A379-0F3BE157E4F2.thumb.jpeg.cf268209835ad6c7ac2312006709f2c0.jpeg

Haha my bad I’ll have a look now I didn’t even think 

1 hour ago, ched999uk said:

OK so you say 200 houses every 2 weeks. Even at £5 a house, which is too cheap, that's £500 a week - £2000 a month!

So IF you get that many customers your income is quite reasonable. Get your self a decent tds meter - not off ebay as many many fakes about. It's also worth getting a water pressure gauge. Then once you have the numbers then you will be able to work out what you need to make pure.

I am only looking at 3 k a month as I don’t want too much work and I am getting the TDS meter from the window cleaning where house 

8 hours ago, Ian Docksey said:

Have you got a Spotless Water filling point near you. 

Yer down the road why 

4 minutes ago, Royf91 said:

Yer down the road why 

Because if you don't want to be blowing so many £££'s then spotless will get you going and new sign up's used to get so water for free on the first fill or something. 

8 minutes ago, Royf91 said:

Someone who can take a bit of a joke, welcome to the mad house. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
16 minutes ago, Royf91 said:

I am only looking at 3 k a month as I don’t want too much work and I am getting the TDS meter from the window cleaning where house 

If you are looking at £3k a month then surely you can invest a bit? If you have spotless near you start with that as that will cut your outlay a lot. You can always produce your own pure once you have some customers and have money coming in.

I assume you know how difficult it will be to get work? Door step canvassing might not go down too well. Just make sure you use PPE and step back from peoples doors. IF you can get 200 customers close by that will be a great round.

Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.

17 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

If you are looking at £3k a month then surely you can invest a bit? If you have spotless near you start with that as that will cut your outlay a lot. You can always produce your own pure once you have some customers and have money coming in.

I assume you know how difficult it will be to get work? Door step canvassing might not go down too well. Just make sure you use PPE and step back from peoples doors. IF you can get 200 customers close by that will be a great round.

It was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.

38 minutes ago, Royf91 said:

Yer down the road why 

Easy water to get started with. 

12 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

t was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.

Always best to check rules especially if the 'rules come from FaceBook'.  While it is legal to work if you can't work from home it's best to protect yourself and custys.

Does the postman deliver letters? Yes then why would it be illegal to drop leaflets?

Facebo11ocks has a lot to answer for, some good and some bad!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, dazmond said:

TDS meter...cost around £15-£20 then take it from there......are you buying the work off another window cleaner on your estate?

No it’s an open market as there’s 40% done right now 

9 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Always best to check rules especially if the 'rules come from FaceBook'.  While it is legal to work if you can't work from home it's best to protect yourself and custys.

Does the postman deliver letters? Yes then why would it be illegal to drop leaflets?

Nice one mate I’ll check this 

9 hours ago, Ian Docksey said:

It was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.

Easy water to get started with. 

Nice one 

9 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Yer most definitely I’ll tell ya about it helps ppl 

I am card or bank transfer only 

for door to door would be stepping back to keep me and them safe 

hopefully this works out 

the joys of losing my jobs ay haha 

this job as you guys know it very Covid safe 

12 hours ago, ched999uk said:

....... and the charity bags haven't ceased either.

If gets a bit of a grey area when there are notices up of no sales callers etc. 

Edited by spruce
21 hours ago, Royf91 said:

Your starting out and already got 200 houses on your estate? or is there 200 houses and you "think" you will get them?. Do some research or you may be spending a lot on setting up and finding you have not got the customer base you think. There probably are other windies working the estate already.

• Like 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.