Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am just starting out

You need to by TDS meter. about a £10
It was to see what I need to get for water pure ing as I am only looking at 200 houses every two weeks in my estate 

so just want to know the best option as I don’t want to really buy the filer station with all them tube in it and a vessel on top with just starting out 

It was to see what I need to get for water pure ing as I am only looking at 200 houses every two weeks in my estate 

so just want to know the best option as I don’t want to really buy the filer station with all them tube in it and a vessel on top with just starting out 
U need a tds meter first though.. then you will see if u need an RO or DI setup

OK so you say 200 houses every 2 weeks. Even at £5 a house, which is too cheap, that's £500 a week - £2000 a month!

So IF you get that many customers your income is quite reasonable. Get your self a decent tds meter - not off ebay as many many fakes about. It's also worth getting a water pressure gauge. Then once you have the numbers then you will be able to work out what you need to make pure.

TDS meter...cost around £15-£20 then take it from there......are you buying the work off another window cleaner on your estate?

Haha my bad I’ll have a look now I didn’t even think 

OK so you say 200 houses every 2 weeks. Even at £5 a house, which is too cheap, that's £500 a week - £2000 a month!

So IF you get that many customers your income is quite reasonable. Get your self a decent tds meter - not off ebay as many many fakes about. It's also worth getting a water pressure gauge. Then once you have the numbers then you will be able to work out what you need to make pure.
I am only looking at 3 k a month as I don’t want too much work and I am getting the TDS meter from the window cleaning where house 

Haha my bad I’ll have a look now I didn’t even think 

I am only looking at 3 k a month as I don’t want too much work and I am getting the TDS meter from the window cleaning where house 
If you are looking at £3k a month then surely you can invest a bit? If you have spotless near you start with that as that will cut your outlay a lot. You can always produce your own pure once you have some customers and have money coming in.

I assume you know how difficult it will be to get work? Door step canvassing might not go down too well. Just make sure you use PPE and step back from peoples doors. IF you can get 200 customers close by that will be a great round.

Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.

If you are looking at £3k a month then surely you can invest a bit? If you have spotless near you start with that as that will cut your outlay a lot. You can always produce your own pure once you have some customers and have money coming in.

I assume you know how difficult it will be to get work? Door step canvassing might not go down too well. Just make sure you use PPE and step back from peoples doors. IF you can get 200 customers close by that will be a great round.

It was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.

Yer down the road why 
Easy water to get started with. 

t was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.
Always best to check rules especially if the 'rules come from FaceBook'.  While it is legal to work if you can't work from home it's best to protect yourself and custys.

Does the postman deliver letters? Yes then why would it be illegal to drop leaflets?

Facebo11ocks has a lot to answer for, some good and some bad!

TDS meter...cost around £15-£20 then take it from there......are you buying the work off another window cleaner on your estate?
No it’s an open market as there’s 40% done right now 

Always best to check rules especially if the 'rules come from FaceBook'.  While it is legal to work if you can't work from home it's best to protect yourself and custys.

Does the postman deliver letters? Yes then why would it be illegal to drop leaflets?

Nice one mate I’ll check this 

It was said on  Facebook group that atm canvassing and leaflet dropping is against the law.  How true I dont know for sure, but best check b4 going.

Easy water to get started with. 
Nice one 

Yer most definitely I’ll tell ya about it helps ppl 

I am card or bank transfer only 

for door to door would be stepping back to keep me and them safe 

hopefully this works out 

the joys of losing my jobs ay haha 

this job as you guys know it very Covid safe 

....... and the charity bags haven't ceased either.

If gets a bit of a grey area when there are notices up of no sales callers etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Your starting out and already got 200 houses on your estate? or is there 200 houses and you "think" you will get them?. Do some research or you may be spending a lot on setting up and finding you have not got the customer base you think. There probably are other windies working the estate already.

Back