Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Suspension snapped

Dang! So sorry, man. 

just what you needed!!

All the very best with getting it sorted, and hope it doesn’t hit the pocket too much ??????

12 minutes ago, Clearview Lee said:

Dang! So sorry, man. 

just what you needed!!

All the very best with getting it sorted, and hope it doesn’t hit the pocket too much ??????

Suspension was only replaced approx 18 months ago.

these things happen it’s maxed out every morning so shouldnt complain. 

19 minutes ago, Den said:

Suspension was only replaced approx 18 months ago.

these things happen it’s maxed out every morning so shouldnt complain. 

Is it a Transit?

38 minutes ago, Den said:

Pull off the drive today BANG rear suspension snapped got it booked in hopefully repaired by Monday. 

What van u driving ? and what year is the van ?

Silly question but do you know your axle loadings and the max ratings? 

Is there a heavy duty axle that you could have fitted?

3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Is it a Transit?

No vauxhall combo lwb 1000kg payload 

3 hours ago, harunh said:

What van u driving ? and what year is the van ?

Vauxhall combo lwb 1000kg

39 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Silly question but do you know your axle loadings and the max ratings? 

Is there a heavy duty axle that you could have fitted?

Vauxhaul combo l2 lwb 1000kg payload 

12 plate 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Den said:

Pull off the drive today BANG rear suspension snapped got it booked in hopefully repaired by Monday. 

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Good luck!

Just now, Den said:

Just got back from garage both springs changed £275 lighter but at least it’s back. 

That was quick and you didn't lose much earning time. Hard to do this job without a van so I spend a fair bit on maintenance.

I could understand if it was the front one with you sitting in it, glad to hear you're back on the road though ?

23 minutes ago, Den said:

Just got back from garage both springs changed £275 lighter but at least it’s back. 

That's not too bad as eurocar parts are selling rear springs at £72 each. Great hear you are back on road. Was it same fault 18 months ago?

What size tank do you have?

10 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

That's not too bad as eurocar parts are selling rear springs at £72 each. Great hear you are back on road. Was it same fault 18 months ago?

What size tank do you have?

Just checked it was the front suspension not the rear last time but did have rearbushes  and some sort of rubber thing done.

I have 325l tank fitted but my son uses 200l in 25l drums ?

25 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I could understand if it was the front one with you sitting in it, glad to hear you're back on the road though ?

Had them done last time lol

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Den said:

No vauxhall combo lwb 1000kg payload 

Vauxhall combo lwb 1000kg

Vauxhaul combo l2 lwb 1000kg payload 

12 plate 

Decent little vans them ? 

2 hours ago, Den said:

Yikes that's a bit steep! I used to buy my own springs and compress them. Good spring compressors cost about £60 if memory serves (i got a 3 piece set from laser). They've paid for themselves after one use.

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yikes that's a bit steep! I used to buy my own springs and compress them. Good spring compressors cost about £60 if memory serves (i got a 3 piece set from laser). They've paid for themselves after one use.

I wouldn’t have a clue where to start just grateful it sorted ?

9 hours ago, Den said:

I had the front o/s one go last year but the tank was empty, I heard a clunk as I pulled out of my garage then started filling the tank walked back into the garage a few minutes later and there was a piece of the spring on the floor, had to drain the tank and got mine in the garage and back the same day, 

I am filling my van on a night now, so all that weight all those hours before work until the weight drops has me bit concerned, my combo is over 6 years old now.

Just now, Iron Giant said:

I had the front o/s one go last year but the tank was empty, I heard a clunk as I pulled out of my garage then started filling the tank walked back into the garage a few minutes later and there was a piece of the spring on the floor, had to drain the tank and got mine in the garage and back the same day, 

I am filling my van on a night now, so all that weight all those hours before work until the weight drops has me bit concerned, my combo is over 6 years old now.

Same happened to me 4 inch piece on the floor.

I normally fill up in the morning TBH but that will change in the future when I get my immersion heater fitted. 

2 minutes ago, Den said:

Same happened to me 4 inch piece on the floor.

I normally fill up in the morning TBH but that will change in the future when I get my immersion heater fitted. 

Same here, 

It's just easier to fill on a night for me, it was a bit awkward at the our last house with a shared courtyard, don't have that issue now as we have our own driveway plus I ain't the best at getting out on a morning so it's one less job to do. 

For some reason springs these days just seem to snap. Seems to have nothing to do with weight as many cars are snapping springs too. I wonder if the process of manufacturing them has changed due to some environmental or H&S reason. 

Luckily they are fairly easy and quick to replace. 

Sorry to say but they don't make things like they used too ?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.