Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suspension snapped

Dang! So sorry, man. 

just what you needed!!

All the very best with getting it sorted, and hope it doesn’t hit the pocket too much ??????
Suspension was only replaced approx 18 months ago.

these things happen it’s maxed out every morning so shouldnt complain. 

Just got back from garage both springs changed £275 lighter but at least it’s back. 

Just got back from garage both springs changed £275 lighter but at least it’s back. 
That's not too bad as eurocar parts are selling rear springs at £72 each. Great hear you are back on road. Was it same fault 18 months ago?

What size tank do you have?

That's not too bad as eurocar parts are selling rear springs at £72 each. Great hear you are back on road. Was it same fault 18 months ago?

What size tank do you have?
Just checked it was the front suspension not the rear last time but did have rearbushes  and some sort of rubber thing done.

I have 325l tank fitted but my son uses 200l in 25l drums ?

I could understand if it was the front one with you sitting in it, glad to hear you're back on the road though ?
Had them done last time lol

Yikes that's a bit steep! I used to buy my own springs and compress them. Good spring compressors cost about £60 if memory serves (i got a 3 piece set from laser). They've paid for themselves after one use.

Yikes that's a bit steep! I used to buy my own springs and compress them. Good spring compressors cost about £60 if memory serves (i got a 3 piece set from laser). They've paid for themselves after one use.
I wouldn’t have a clue where to start just grateful it sorted ?

Pull off the drive today BANG rear suspension snapped got it booked in hopefully repaired by Monday. 
I had the front o/s one go last year but the tank was empty, I heard a clunk as I pulled out of my garage then started filling the tank walked back into the garage a few minutes later and there was a piece of the spring on the floor, had to drain the tank and got mine in the garage and back the same day, 

I am filling my van on a night now, so all that weight all those hours before work until the weight drops has me bit concerned, my combo is over 6 years old now.

I had the front o/s one go last year but the tank was empty, I heard a clunk as I pulled out of my garage then started filling the tank walked back into the garage a few minutes later and there was a piece of the spring on the floor, had to drain the tank and got mine in the garage and back the same day, 

I am filling my van on a night now, so all that weight all those hours before work until the weight drops has me bit concerned, my combo is over 6 years old now.
Same happened to me 4 inch piece on the floor.

I normally fill up in the morning TBH but that will change in the future when I get my immersion heater fitted. 

Same happened to me 4 inch piece on the floor.

I normally fill up in the morning TBH but that will change in the future when I get my immersion heater fitted. 
Same here, 

It's just easier to fill on a night for me, it was a bit awkward at the our last house with a shared courtyard, don't have that issue now as we have our own driveway plus I ain't the best at getting out on a morning so it's one less job to do. 

For some reason springs these days just seem to snap. Seems to have nothing to do with weight as many cars are snapping springs too. I wonder if the process of manufacturing them has changed due to some environmental or H&S reason. 

Luckily they are fairly easy and quick to replace. 

Sorry to say but they don't make things like they used too ?

For some reason springs these days just seem to snap. Seems to have nothing to do with weight as many cars are snapping springs too. I wonder if the process of manufacturing them has changed due to some environmental or H&S reason. 

Luckily they are fairly easy and quick to replace. 

Sorry to say but they don't make things like they used too ?
Or all the potholes. 

Back