Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do u use to Apply chemicals to gutters

Dt 20

Thinking about getting a back pack for applying chemicals 

Seen a ionic constant flow but they seem expensive for what they are when a back pack would do the same job any other suggestions guys 

I use my gardiner back pack with a crappy ionic pole that I had laying dormant with a 50 degree spray attachment. Does the trick and far cheaper than the constantflow.

Yeah I think I'm going for the backpack 
For £100 it's a no brainer and looks professional too. Plus if you get a 25l drum you can drain out the solution and use it for normal window cleaning for those hard to get to properties.

I've heard a few saying that the solution can damage the pump but I've not had any issues in the time that I've used it. 

I use a pump up garden sprayer with an old pole for higher GFS.
I started like this, it works but is slow compared to a dedicated backpack and pole system. If your looking to get the job done quickly i would recommend spending the extra and having a 25L mix ready to go with abattery that provides constant flow. I use backpack with a stiff bristle brush and virosol mix + hosepipe with thin nozzle to rinse - works a treat. I have considered using some of the foam spray ones to save some arm ache but i am nervous that using them is ends up causing 'clean' marks from the runoffs on walls, pathways and cars which ends up being more trouble than its worth - also the chemical is more expensive. 

Back