Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Replace van power inlet

Dabber

Hi

I need to replace the power inlet on my van which is attached under the rear bumper. Is it a simple like for like replacement. Was just making sure that I don’t need to disable anything before I start.

Cheers

Dabber

I assume you have a 240v mains hook up? If so make sure it's disconnected and then it will be like for like and the terminals in the plug should be marked. If you have any doubts in your ability don't risk it as mains electricity can kill!!

Thanks, I’m aware of the dangers hence the question. I’ve done my research and identified the 3 connections that need to be attached. I’m assuming that I don’t need to disable any of the batteries in the van ?

We cannot really advise you as we don’t know how or what it’s wired up to , but it sounds pretty straightforward, if in doubt get an auto electrician to take a look and do it to be on the safe side .

I think I will heed the advice on here and do that. Appreciate the help.

The system was installed by Grippatank. I emailed them in the week but have had no reply so will chase them too.

Thanks, I’m aware of the dangers hence the question. I’ve done my research and identified the 3 connections that need to be attached. I’m assuming that I don’t need to disable any of the batteries in the van ?
The battery shouldn't be directly connected to the mains other than maybe by a charger. Do you have any sort of sockets inside the van where mains things are plugged in or a fuse board? If so unplug things and or switch off the fuse board in van to ensure things are disconnected. 

If in doubt post some picys and I am sure we can point you in right direction.

Stay safe.

Hi

I’ve got two sockets, one linked to an internal battery charger and a spare that I use for a greenhouse heater and lighting in the rear of the van.. I can switch both of these off.

Cheers

Dabber

Latest Posts

Back