Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Starting up a window cleaning business

Joe1985

Hi everyone. 

I’m looking to start up my own window cleaning business and would be much grateful if anyone could give me an idea of approximate start up costs and equipment that would be required. I’m obviously going to look into things a lot deeper myself but thought this would be a good starting point. And also any other advice would be greatly appreciated. 

many thanks 

Joe 

Use the search!

You can start by borrowing a neighbours ladder buying a couple squeegees with an applicator in a bucket and a scrim over your shoulder and go knocking doors.

Or you can spend £30k+ on a fully fitted van then £1000’s on advertising campaign. 

Read the forum, this is all covered regularly, you’ll soon see what suits your circumstances and aspirations.

I only started up in November. I'm wfp

I already had a small Citroen nemo van which is a bit of a head start.

To get going I bought a Gardiner SLX27 pole with an extension for when needed.  A Gardiner pack pack. 12x 25 litre containers. to go fill up with pure water.

I've got three different brushes 2 sill brushes and just a standard type brush.

designed 3k flyers and did a mail drop over the last few months. ordering some more now. build a simple website have also got a GMB listing.

But you might want to go trad

On 17/01/2021 at 10:53, Joe1985 said:

Hi everyone. 

I’m looking to start up my own window cleaning business and would be much grateful if anyone could give me an idea of approximate start up costs and equipment that would be required. I’m obviously going to look into things a lot deeper myself but thought this would be a good starting point. And also any other advice would be greatly appreciated. 

many thanks 

Joe 

What sort of budget do you have for equipment?

Andy

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.