Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny Roofs what am I doing wrong?

KenBoon

Hi all.

I've only been trading about 3 years now and do try to avoid conservatory roofs.

I'm really struggling with this one! I applied Unix 2000 and agitated it and left it a few minutes. But the dirt was not shifting at all? Is it because of the low tempratures? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kind regards Ken

20210114_142636.jpg

What ubix mix did you use?

Don't like saying this but maybe use hot water? You could just fill a couple of barrels from your hot tap at home they use back pack?

Oh offer to take Christmas lights down as they wont help get gutters clean. The hooks are already causing rusty marks that will make job a bit more difficult.

Just to add 'Hi Ho Silver' ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all.

I've only been trading about 3 years now and do try to avoid conservatory roofs.

I'm really struggling with this one! I applied Unix 2000 and agitated it and left it a few minutes. But the dirt was not shifting at all? Is it because of the low tempratures? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kind regards Ken

View attachment 23047
it looks like you need to spend more time scrubbing and rinsing to me........dont you clean the ends of the roof and the outside gutters too?(you have to be careful on the end caps as they can come off!.....it looks like your only half way through the job.....

another 30-60 mins and that roof will be clean....

Personally I would use hypo on that. Full PPE, a good 1:10 mix, spray it on and agitate it, leave it 20 mins and scrub. It is a dangerous chemical if used incorrectly but it shifts stubborn marks like no ones business. It's also cheaper than most of the degreasers we use and readily available at your local farm shop. Worth giving the roof a good rinse first though, just to clear off any remaining Ubik.

Doesn’t look like it’s been touched to me , some of that dirt in in between the layers of that roof it’s polycarbonate and you won’t get that out it’s a sandwich panel ,  but the bits in the gutters clearly haven’t been touched at all . It just needs a good scrub and rinse I would use a hypo mix on that to kill all the algae and bacteria , then use virosol of needed .

Like PJJ said thats crud in the panel, its like honey comb, is a hollow panel with supooring struts.

Just an idea but id give it a good inspection, i went to look at one last week and it didnt look right (it actually looked just like this) after a close inspection the roof was full of holes and water and crud had got inside the little channels and it was mouldy.

Id say theres a good chance thats whats happened here.

Thanks all!

I always start at the top and then do the gutters after and so forth after. The finials are very loose too! I spent 15-20 minutes on those 2 panels.

it is Lichen guys too - big chunks!

The former window Cleaner was not the best. The Frames were covered in moss. They are wotk in progress.....

It's a mates mate and I said I'd try and look after her. But they have not been loved. All the previous cleans I've done - my clients have paid extra than what I quoted. I've not charged a penny so far - but want to the job right.

Thanks so much for the replies all!

Back