Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Covid 19 customers

BigFoot

I'm working in an area that has had very high rate of infection from Covid. Two customer have died and three others are critical. Just had a call from a son of a customer who went in to hospital with another complaint covid free and since tested positive. The son has been informed to prepare for the worst, he was calling me to settle the account. Three others that I know of have been hospitalised and made a recovery and many that have been infected but didn't need hospitalisation. All of this in The last few weeks.

Any body else seen a huge increase of infection with customers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hearing more of people getting it around me. Including a fair few customers. A couple of whom have died over the time of the crisis.
Same as myself had two different people tell today they had it just before Xmas almost on a daily basis customers telling they are isolating. But no cancellations. 

i know loads of people that have had it including my mum and dad and quite a few customers.....my dad caught it last april when he had 6 tumours(stage 4 lung cancer)and he went in hospital,came out a few weeks later fully recovered and lived another  5 months before the cancer killed him!

i dont know anyone whos died of the virus though...99% of people who catch it survive and just have a mild symptoms or no symptoms at all....

quite a few of my elderly customers have had both jabs already so their feeling much better and positive!

One customer had lost her husband too it. They weren’t even old, maybe 60s/70s. Nice guy, use to chat to me when I did the windows. It had crossed my mind I hadn’t seen him in a while. Poor woman is by herself now. She only told me when she asked me to quote for some extra work. All through him having it and passing she has never skipped a clean and was only late with a single payment. I had no idea! ?

It beggars belief some people still think it’s nonsense or not a big deal. Surely everyone knows someone by know that has had it bad or even died. Friend of ours is a nurse. She’s been pulled off her normal ward to deal with Covid patients (like most). The stress and workload has nearly killed her, and then folk claim the hospitals are empty! 

i know loads of people that have had it including my mum and dad and quite a few customers.....my dad caught it last april when he had 6 tumours(stage 4 lung cancer)and he went in hospital,came out a few weeks later fully recovered and lived another  5 months before the cancer killed him!

i dont know anyone whos died of the virus though...99% of people who catch it survive and just have a mild symptoms or no symptoms at all....

quite a few of my elderly customers have had both jabs already so their feeling much better and positive!
2020 must have been a tough year! I lost my father to cancer and he treatment was horrible. 

Some of my customers are starting to get the jab but the Welsh government are miss managing the roll out, they are completely inept!

I have only had 2 customers that I know of that have had it out of over 4,000 , we have a council run nursing home in the town that made the national news with 20 residents and 11 staff tested positive . My eldest daughter is a paramedic and has been going out to loads with it on one shift all they went to was covid positive cases  . My next doors neighbors daughter works in the nursing home and she has it she’s 26 and isn’t very good at the moment . But statistically we still have the lowest infection rates in the country . 

Been isolating since March but within last week heard 1 relative in hospital on ventilator with Covid, 2 family friends now have it at home - bloke was in hospital (for cancer treatment) and was discharged that evening he started coughing now has tested +ve so has his wife. Sister in law notified by app to self isolated then tested +ve today - she had jab on Sunday (nhs 999 call centre worker). 

So within the last week that's 4 people we know down with it and we only know about 20 people!!! Just call me Billy.  

Been isolating since March but within last week heard 1 relative in hospital on ventilator with Covid, 2 family friends now have it at home - bloke was in hospital (for cancer treatment) and was discharged that evening he started coughing now has tested +ve so has his wife. Sister in law notified by app to self isolated then tested +ve today - she had jab on Sunday (nhs 999 call centre worker). 

So within the last week that's 4 people we know down with it and we only know about 20 people!!! Just call me Billy.  
That must be tough isolating all that time. I have plenty of customers that have been isolating since it broke and often think I’d struggle. I'm glad I'm able to get out with work but am more cautious than earlier in the pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’r lucky we'll probably get dads army to sort ours out!
In November they said it would all be in place by January. Nothing in place so they had no choice but to ask the British Army to build them. Another thing they hate up here is the British Transport Police and tried to do away with them and leave it to pervert Scotland sorry I mean Police Scotland. Police Scotland told the Rats sorry I mean the Nats, that they have no jurisdiction or knowledge about closing a railway line then they said what happens if there's an incident on the Glasgow to London train. If the crime was committed at Carlisle then Police Scotland has no Authority to investigate it. Most of ScotGov has Law Degrees but no common sense bar hating the word British. We have a dentist who dyes his hair jet black telling us why the virus is spreading every night on TV. He said its because old people are drinking in the pub and its nothing to do with all the schools and nurseries open without masks nor social distance in place. Its getting more like the muppet show everyday now. Roll on May so we can kick them out.

In November they said it would all be in place by January. Nothing in place so they had no choice but to ask the British Army to build them. Another thing they hate up here is the British Transport Police and tried to do away with them and leave it to pervert Scotland sorry I mean Police Scotland. Police Scotland told the Rats sorry I mean the Nats, that they have no jurisdiction or knowledge about closing a railway line then they said what happens if there's an incident on the Glasgow to London train. If the crime was committed at Carlisle then Police Scotland has no Authority to investigate it. Most of ScotGov has Law Degrees but no common sense bar hating the word British. We have a dentist who dyes his hair jet black telling us why the virus is spreading every night on TV. He said its because old people are drinking in the pub and its nothing to do with all the schools and nurseries open without masks nor social distance in place. Its getting more like the muppet show everyday now. Roll on May so we can kick them out.
We get a chance to replace our morons in May too but I'm certain they will postpone for an additional few months on the gravel train.

That must be tough isolating all that time. I have plenty of customers that have been isolating since it broke and often think I’d struggle. I'm glad I'm able to get out with work but am more cautious than earlier in the pandemic.
Cheers. Yes it difficult but necessary as partner has blood cancer. Difficult to get motivated to do anything. Must admit it does get me down from time to time, difficult to see light at end of tunnel but I am sure we will get through it. 

Definitely seems to be getting way closer to people we know. Sister in law just had confirmed Covid, first test was lateral flow this was proper blood to lab. Hopefully she and the rest of family will be OK all.

Cheers. Yes it difficult but necessary as partner has blood cancer. Difficult to get motivated to do anything. Must admit it does get me down from time to time, difficult to see light at end of tunnel but I am sure we will get through it. 

Definitely seems to be getting way closer to people we know. Sister in law just had confirmed Covid, first test was lateral flow this was proper blood to lab. Hopefully she and the rest of family will be OK all.
Hats off to you! I couldn’t imagine having to isolate all that time. I’m truly grateful being able to come to work. 

No wonder with all that time you’ve become so knowledgable on window cleaning without working as a window cleaner yet!! Good on you using your time productively!!

Latest Posts

Back