Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardner plastic angle neck

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

Any one having issues with them not fitting in top section just ordered new extreme top section and cant fit the thing in as its to big lol ive got 4 goose necks and not one of them fit am i missing something here have they changed them or am i just very unlucky ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Been strugling along with slx instead ?

Any one having issues with them not fitting in top section just ordered new extreme top section and cant fit the thing in as its to big lol ive got 4 goose necks and not one of them fit am i missing something here have they changed them or am i just very unlucky ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Sounds like they sent you the second section. Compare both by lying end to end. ?

Send them an email Ime sure they will sort it out for you they did have a problem a while ago with them absorbing water and swelling . 

Hi Tench

If the gooseneck you are trying to fit was fitting OK in the previous pole then it should fit the new section.

New top clamps on the sections can be slightly tight, so to fit, loosen off the clamp lever set adjuster before trying to insert the gooseneck again. This should allow you to push the clamp jaws apart with the gooseneck base before sliding fully in.

Age old problem. My brother had his before I was even window cleaning back in 2014.

gardiner have changed the design since but in all honesty, the tolerances on their stuff is pretty pants at times.

mostly good but I’ve had a few items where certain no1 sections are smaller. Goosenecks don’t fit and they slide into the other 4/5 poles. Same with brush sockets.

Gardiner are good and will sort it if you get in touch. Just email and they usually sort it very quickly.

I have come to expect it with their stuff.

it sounds like you have a no1 section that might be a bit smaller than normal by a margin. 
I had this with a small Slx. Complained. Sent a new gooseneck and had same issues. They sent a new no1 section after this. That section was fine from the off and has been since. 

Hi Omega

It is actually very rare for the inside of a section to be smaller due to the way they are made on solid steel mandrills. What must have happened with yours is that some excess glue from manufacturing had somehow reduced the section ID - this is very rare and I can remember the last one this happened to which is probably yours - not that I have looked it up and checked ?

So for Tench the most likely reason is that on a No.1 new section the top clamp has never been fully opened before and the clamp jaws will be 'slightly fixed' in a tighter than closed position. Opening up and loosening the lever set adjust gives them room to move and then pushing in the gooseneck shaft will open them up into their correct operating position.

Of course if it isn't, please get in touch with us and we can look at what the issue is ?

Hi Omega

It is actually very rare for the inside of a section to be smaller due to the way they are made on solid steel mandrills. What must have happened with yours is that some excess glue from manufacturing had somehow reduced the section ID - this is very rare and I can remember the last one this happened to which is probably yours - not that I have looked it up and checked ?

So for Tench the most likely reason is that on a No.1 new section the top clamp has never been fully opened before and the clamp jaws will be 'slightly fixed' in a tighter than closed position. Opening up and loosening the lever set adjust gives them room to move and then pushing in the gooseneck shaft will open them up into their correct operating position.

Of course if it isn't, please get in touch with us and we can look at what the issue is ?
Wrapping carbon fibre around a ‘mandrill’ would vary. Poor little monkey. Perhaps around a mandrel is the actual way your poles are made. ?

Right sorted it out I left the angle neck on the radiator for 2 days and now it slides in ok looks like its a swelling issue with the plastic as suggested 

Right sorted it out I left the angle neck on the radiator for 2 days and now it slides in ok looks like its a swelling issue with the plastic as suggested 
Glad it’s sorted - although if it is an older gooseneck that has already had an issue, it could well later jam inside the section and prove very difficult to remove.

How old is it?

Does it look like below - if not then it must be several years old and would be worth changing for the latest version to avoid such issues.

gooseneck_base_part.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it’s sorted - although if it is an older gooseneck that has already had an issue, it could well later jam inside the section and prove very difficult to remove.

How old is it?

Does it look like below - if not then it must be several years old and would be worth changing for the latest version to avoid such issues.

Ive got one same as in this pic that has swollen also but the one i fitted is plane round no rivets 

Not shore how old it is as i have 5 i think i for get witch is witch

Ive got one same as in this pic that has swollen also but the one i fitted is plane round no rivets 

Not shore how old it is as i have 5 i think i for get witch is witch
Now that you have fitted one of them, could you try fitting all of them to see which ones fit and which ones do not?

The ones with the cut-outs should fit more easily than the older solid shaft versions - should being the operative word ?

Back