Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RecProtek game changer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

Whos been using them?

I've had mine for a week now and it's been great not having snags.

I usually change my rectus fittings once each month but I reckon its gonna last considerably longer now.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363190833019?ul_noapp=true

Looks interesting can you give us some pictures and a review , not quite sure what it means about the male female part ??? For multiple poles ???  
The male part is fixed to your reel in the van. The female part is connected to the hose on your pole. So if you have several poles that you want to use with your van mounted reel you need to order more female connectors.

I don't think these would work for me since I use a tubeless setup.

The male part is fixed to your reel in the van. The female part is connected to the hose on your pole. So if you have several poles that you want to use with your van mounted reel you need to order more female connectors.

Ah ok thanks we are also hoseless ?

Why do you need the male fitting on the hose reel and the female fitting on the pole hose?

Have you tried slick connectors?

They do the same job but they’re far cheaper as you don’t need the rectus. connector. They last pretty well as long as you don’t step on them

They are 3D printed in TPU material. Expensive for what they are but if they work well I might try and copy them.

Cheers
I think having a male fitting on the hose reel is going to be the issue. For the majority of us (I believe) have hose reels inside the van. Some of us still take them out and put them back in when the job is complete. Some have them fixed inside the van. Either way, having a male fitting on the hose reel will just mean water dripping inside the van when the pole hose is disconnected.

We use a female Rectus hose stop on the reel and the male connector on the pole hose. This makes sense to me and I believe every other local windie works the same way. I haven't seen anyone using the fittings the other way around.

I have 2 hose reels on the van, One has minibore and the other microbore so this already complicates manufacture (or printing.)

I think the design is simple and could work well. When compared to Steve's Slick Connect it is rather expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having a male fitting on the hose reel is going to be the issue. For the majority of us (I believe) have hose reels inside the van. Some of us still take them out and put them back in when the job is complete. Some have them fixed inside the van. Either way, having a male fitting on the hose reel will just mean water dripping inside the van when the pole hose is disconnected.

We use a female Rectus hose stop on the reel and the male connector on the pole hose. This makes sense to me and I believe every other local windie works the same way. I haven't seen anyone using the fittings the other way around.
I think that the male of the RecProtek goes on the Female rectus in reel and the female RecProtek goes on male rectus on pole hose!!! So no changes to reel or pole ends other than trying to get the RecProtek onto the hose ? 

Looking at the pics it seems to be set up the correct way for most of us. I think I know the seller, I have one of his other products (The Hose Stop) and they're really good. That said it is a big price ticket, I just can't justify the cost when I can use cloth tape and a bit of electrical tape.

Looking at the pics it seems to be set up the correct way for most of us. I think I know the seller, I have one of his other products (The Hose Stop) and they're really good. That said it is a big price ticket, I just can't justify the cost when I can use cloth tape and a bit of electrical tape.
I'd better fess up, I've been working on ideas for a protector for Rectus fittings for a while now and finally during the lockdown had time to design the RecProtek (lousy name I know-but no worse than Hose Stop! ?)

It basically is a very durable custom sheath to enclose the rectus 21 fittings and o clips. It's designed to be as streamlined as possible and it works very well at preventing the hose from catching on corners etc. It's looking at the moment like it should last for years and the rectus coupler should last indefinitely as it's completely protected but it hasn't been around for years yet so time will tell. I've had a few testers including @Jango and @Mattlekim on here and a few that aren't but so far nobody's managed to break one ?

They are more pricey than I would like currently as apart from ebay and PayPal fees, tracked postage and high quality raw material, they just take so long to make! 

Once I've got more than just the current two products (these and the new version hose stop), I'm hoping to get an online shop set up which will allow me to sell them cheaper and get better equipment to make them faster. I'm working on some new products that I'm very excited about that I really think are going to be game changers but I'm keeping them close to my chest for now. 

Screenshot_20210120_011002.jpg

Screenshot_20210120_011042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd better fess up, I've been working on ideas for a protector for Rectus fittings for a while now and finally during the lockdown had time to design the RecProtek (lousy name I know-but no worse than Hose Stop! ?)

It basically is a very durable custom sheath to enclose the rectus 21 fittings and o clips. It's designed to be as streamlined as possible and it works very well at preventing the hose from catching on corners etc. It's looking at the moment like it should last for years and the rectus coupler should last indefinitely as it's completely protected but it hasn't been around for years yet so time will tell. I've had a few testers including @Jango and @Mattlekim on here and a few that aren't but so far nobody's managed to break one ?

They are more pricey than I would like currently as apart from ebay and PayPal fees, tracked postage and high quality raw material, they just take so long to make! 

Once I've got more than just the current two products (these and the new version hose stop), I'm hoping to get an online shop set up which will allow me to sell them cheaper and get better equipment to make them faster. I'm working on some new products that I'm very excited about that I really think are going to be game changers but I'm keeping them close to my chest for now. 

View attachment 23073

View attachment 23074
When I saw the seller was from Sheffield on eBay I knew it was you.?

I’m getting on well with it. It’s an excellent idea. I mainly use one pole for 90% of my work. I have a spare other half on my other pole. It’s so easy to swap over, protects the rectus fitting, and especially this weather it keeps everything free from grit. It slides much easier than the protector balls. Durable too a friend of mine uses the slick connect, but these are more robust due to the material. Excellent bit of kit. 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m tubless so no good to me my polymorph is as ARD as nails lol ?  so will stick with that plus a fraction of the cost ? only changed my polymorph once that as due to new reel and hose. My son reel as had the polymorph on for approx two years and never change it. 

I’m tubless so no good to me my polymorph is as ARD as nails lol ?  so will stick with that plus a fraction of the cost ? only changed my polymorph once that as due to new reel and hose. My son reel as had the polymorph on for approx two years and never change it. 
I'm tubeless as well. It depends how you have it set up. If you have the main microbore reel hose plug directly into the pole bottom then you wouldn't need something like this. 

I had it set up like that for a while and while I liked the fact it was seamless from the reel to the pole (using a Univalve) it makes the pole a LOT heavier. I now have Gardiners light green ultra flexible PU tube (very good stuff) from the tubeless coupler at the base of the pole to the rectus connectors that join it to the microbore. It's that connection that is protected by this. 

The RecProtek will fit inside section 5 of a Gardiner pole so if you have a CLX18/SLX18 or longer pole with a standard length pole hose, it will pull up and fit inside if you add extensions. 

I have my reel and pole connected permanently with a barb to barb reducer 8mm to 6mm with ‘O’ ring connector this part is then covered with polymorph I have approx a few inches hanging out of my pole hose and use John guest connectors super light set up ?

Back