Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on resin vessel and low flow rate

Dt 20

Hi I have just got a new van and its got a facelift system in it and it’s a di only but it pures the water on the way out 

I changed the resin today on it and the flow is really low Evan when I’ve turned the flow rate up seems as if it’s blocked some where and it’s building up pressure in the di vessel my other vans arnt like this I just fill them up

Don’t know how this ones works 

Don’t know if the pressure is low because it has to go through the di then the hose instead off straight to the hose ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t it be a good idea to ask the person you bought it from how it all works. Often when someone shows you how to go on it’s easier to retain. 
Although I guess someone who has this same system could come along soon with a thought. 

Hi I have just got a new van and its got a facelift system in it and it’s a di only but it pures the water on the way out 

I changed the resin today on it and the flow is really low Evan when I’ve turned the flow rate up seems as if it’s blocked some where and it’s building up pressure in the di vessel my other vans arnt like this I just fill them up

Don’t know how this ones works 

Don’t know if the pressure is low because it has to go through the di then the hose instead off straight to the hose ?????
Have you got the inlet and outlet the correct way round ??? On the vessel , could also be an air lock but without seeing it it’s  hard to tell 

Have you got the inlet and outlet the correct way round ??? On the vessel , could also be an air lock but without seeing it it’s  hard to tell 
Yea it’s the correct way round 

Dosnt it affect the flow rate when its going through the di to come out other then di when it’s filling the tank ? 

Dosnt it affect the flow rate when its going through the di to come out other then di when it’s filling the tank ? 
The flow rate out of the tank onto the window going through the vessel should be fine unless you are using a 60 psi pump , but if it worked ok before resin change then it shouldn’t be that , still wonder if it’s an air lock .

Thought you were filling the tank with tap water then putting it through the vessel before going in the glass 

The flow rate out of the tank onto the window going through the vessel should be fine unless you are using a 60 psi pump , but if it worked ok before resin change then it shouldn’t be that , still wonder if it’s an air lock .

Thought you were filling the tank with tap water then putting it through the vessel before going in the glass 
Yes that’s the way I’m doing it 

I think it is a air lock as it keeps spiting out off the house 

I’ve followed it all the way to the hose really and I think that’s where it’s air locket 

Yes that’s the way I’m doing it 

I think it is a air lock as it keeps spiting out off the house 

I’ve followed it all the way to the hose really and I think that’s where it’s air locket 
Try running the pump flat out and return the water to the tank so it’s not waisted that should get rid of it , might take a bit of time .

Try running the pump flat out and return the water to the tank so it’s not waisted that should get rid of it , might take a bit of time .
I’ve tried that but it sounds like it’s putting a lot off pressure on the pump ? Or is that just me mate ? 

Where do air locks actually come from ?

and is it normal that when I check my di vessel it just explodes with loads off water ?? 

maybey it’s backing up with the air lock ?

I’ve tried that but it sounds like it’s putting a lot off pressure on the pump ? Or is that just me mate ? 

and is it normal that when I check my di vessel it just explodes with loads off water ?? 

Give the resin vessel a bit of a shake whilst the pump is running , again are you sure the inlet and outlet are correct on the vessel it sounds to me like it’s building up pressure in the vessel ?. There is either a blockage or it’s connected the wrong way ??? Just check the filter on the top of the riser tube is in place properly and not allowing resin to go into the riser , also Ime assuming that you have filled the resin up to the shoulder of the vessel not any higher ?? 

Air locks come from air entering the system when changing hose , or re filling a vessel or drawing air through a joint not done up properly. The pump will go to dead end on the controller once up to pressure so you shouldn’t hurt it , have you checked your filter before the pump make sure that’s clear .

we all get air locks now and then it’s just a case of working out ware it is to get rid of it 

Air locks come from air entering the system when changing hose , or re filling a vessel or drawing air through a joint not done up properly. The pump will go to dead end on the controller once up to pressure so you shouldn’t hurt it , have you checked your filter before the pump make sure that’s clear .

we all get air locks now and then it’s just a case of working out ware it is to get rid of it 
I’m going clean the filter tomorrow how do u clean them mate just take it off and clean it 

that’s for the advice by the way ?appreciate your time 

I’m going clean the filter tomorrow how do u clean them mate just take it off and clean it 

that’s for the advice by the way ?appreciate your time 
Don’t know what type you have most unscrew and then remove the metal gause filter wash it under the tap and re fit , put the pump on full as you might introduce an air lock there ???

Just run the pump flat out no matter how it sounds and it should push out the air.

If you have ran the pump and then switched it off then gone and disconnected the hozelock style fitting from the di it will explode water everywhere, unless after switching the controller off you allow some water to flow out from your main hose or brush head to release the built up pressure you have created by running the pump and turn off your univalve or inline tap, the pressure build up is normal 

Also do you know how to correctly change and refill a di vessel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNDysoqnDE  you will need to keep an eye on the tds everyday as it can quickly shoot up from 000ppm to 010ppm or more if you don't 

Back