Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing at the moment, yes or no?

Kieran h

As the title suggests, are many of you canvassing at the moment ? I haven't done any during the national lockdown but am getting itchy feet now and want to knock those doors!!! Miss it! It would just be nice hear what kind of responses you’re all getting from the people behind the doors ?

As the title suggests, are many of you canvassing at the moment ? I haven't done any during the national lockdown but am getting itchy feet now and want to knock those doors!!! Miss it! It would just be nice hear what kind of responses you’re all getting from the people behind the doors ?
We are still chaping doors and leaflet dropping had no issue so far 

I've had no problem I went out Friday knocking on doors and picked up 7 new customers, people are okay with it just pick an area that isn't full of old people if your worried and wear a mask

Better than normal-more people in-if they are not on a zoom call.

Christmas Day and  hearses outside house only times I  wouldn't knock on a door.

The day Princess Di died didn't go well either ? I had the day off for the funeral though

I've had no problem I went out Friday knocking on doors and picked up 7 new customers, people are okay with it just pick an area that isn't full of old people if your worried and wear a mask
With the pandemic more folks are home looking out of dirty windows. The possibility of great business growth is at everyone's finger tips.

Maskup, social distant and build that round!

With the pandemic more folks are home looking out of dirty windows. The possibility of great business growth is at everyone's finger tips.

Maskup, social distant and build that round!
Couldn’t agree more.

Currently canvassing for 10 hours per week and I’m adding approximately 40 jobs to my business  each week. 

That's great progress I've started knocking about 3 weeks ago and I'm up 26 new customers for about 10 hours knocking so far. It's pretty saturated here but the new estates have most people home right now so it's a perfect time to pick up untouched work

Am I correct in saying that local parties in the May by elections are not allowed to canvass houses?. If so do not think window cleaners would be allowed to canvass.

Always be marketing 24 hours a day.  

If you cant knock doors, figure out all your other options. 

Marketing is the life blood of your business.

Always be marketing 24 hours a day.  

If you cant knock doors, figure out all your other options. 

Marketing is the life blood of your business.
Aye, marketing and doing the job go hand in hand until you have a full book. I do a clean on 9am Sunday because of traffic, main road and above shops. Got another customer today because no one wants to do them but an easy £20 and will probably get more. Great day today, got everything I wanted to do all because of the good weather, makes all the difference. 

Keep canvassing. 
Stand well back, be sensible and get on with it. 

Your working, you can’t  really do it from home. I can’t see a problem. 
I haven’t had one person mention it yet either. 
If you don’t knock, I bet someone else will??

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back