Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snapped Gardiners Swivel Gooseneck

jack b

Snapped in half one of my swivel goosenecks this morning on a downstairs patio window. Didn't think I was pushing particularly hard at all. Checked on the Gardiners website but they are out of stock. Its a great bit of kit to be fair, allowing you to get nearly all of the brush head on the glass or part of the frame from nearly every angle. Went back to the non swivel version as I didn't have a spare.....what a difference. Nowhere near as effective IMO. When it went crack, I thought I had broken the glass and sh** myself for a split second. Anyone else easily snapped one of these ?

20210120_125508.jpg

Yes I had the same happen to mine a few weeks ago it was about 8 months old the joining bit is quite thin and obviously flexes with use and eventually fractures 

Yes I had the same happen to mine a few weeks ago it was about 8 months old the joining bit is quite thin and obviously flexes with use and eventually fractures 
Thanks Pjj, that's interesting to know. I knew I wasn't pushing that hard. I guess that is the weakest spot.

I’ve had mine 3 1/2 years with no problem so far. I wonder if with it been so cold they go a bit brittle, then snap. Just a thought we have had some minus weather.?

We have has 1 snap in same place. I've always had 2 full swivels as back up and after this I bought 4 of the parts that's snapped. I'd hate to clean without a swivel. 

I’ve had mine 3 1/2 years with no problem so far. I wonder if with it been so cold they go a bit brittle, then snap. Just a thought we have had some minus weather.?
My van door handle snapped off last week, the mechanic said it's the cold weather does it.

Latest Posts

Back