Jump to content

Cleaning conservatory windows


Recommended Posts

Hi all.

My question is when you're cleaning conservatory windows and frames, do you included the gutterline as standard or would you do that when charging for soffits, fascias and gutters?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Goochie said:

Hi all.

My question is when you're cleaning conservatory windows and frames, do you included the gutterline as standard or would you do that when charging for soffits, fascias and gutters?

We clean up to the gutter line the gutter would be a plastic clean , the only exception is if the customer has requested to have them cleaned each time then we charge a bit more . 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We clean up to the gutter line the gutter would be a plastic clean , the only exception is if the customer has requested to have them cleaned each time then we charge a bit more . 

Thanks for answering my question.

That's my logic and thought behind it as well. Just the company that I work for do them with the windows on every visit so wouldn't they charge extra for the gutter lines as well?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Goochie said:

Thanks for answering my question.

That's my logic and thought behind it as well. Just the company that I work for do them with the windows on every visit so wouldn't they charge extra for the gutter lines as well?

Would have thought so.

Link to post

On a conservatory with a glass roof I always do the gutters as well, don't know why, always have.

I've got one customer with two conservatories, they recently had one glass roof replaced with solid, now I'm confused! 🥴

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Goochie said:

Thanks for answering my question.

That's my logic and thought behind it as well. Just the company that I work for do them with the windows on every visit so wouldn't they charge extra for the gutter lines as well?

Maybe they charge more fore it or maybe that’s there policy to clean it as a standard thing , we are all different and have to start and stop somewhere, I view it as a plastic clean but am happy to do it if they want it doing each time I just adjust the price as it will take a bit longer and use a bit more water .

Link to post
On 21/01/2021 at 19:00, Pjj said:

Maybe they charge more fore it or maybe that’s there policy to clean it as a standard thing , we are all different and have to start and stop somewhere, I view it as a plastic clean but am happy to do it if they want it doing each time I just adjust the price as it will take a bit longer and use a bit more water .

Yeah definitely agree with you there. I've been working at this company for a few months, been doing just the windows and the frames for the conservatory's and my colleague pointed out today that I should be doing the gutter line as well.

 

If you ask me I think doing the gutterlines every visit undermines their pricing in a way.

Edited by Iron Giant
removed link
Link to post

I always clean the outside of the gutter when I clean conservatory windows (and factor it into my price). If you do it every time it really doesn't take that much longer.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post

I clean the gutter each time, if you leave it they build up algae and cobwebs quite quickly and just look a mess.  For the sake of a 30 second quick wipe over I just do it.  Baring in mind that most conservatory houses are higher priced anyway, I'm happy to do it to keep it all looking good.  

Link to post
22 minutes ago, Chris34 said:

I clean the gutter each time, if you leave it they build up algae and cobwebs quite quickly and just look a mess.  For the sake of a 30 second quick wipe over I just do it.  Baring in mind that most conservatory houses are higher priced anyway, I'm happy to do it to keep it all looking good.  

You are missing a trick that’s an add on and extra charge 😂😂😂, if we did a plastic clean for them then I would give it a go over after that each month provided it’s not to huge 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

You are missing a trick that’s an add on and extra charge 😂😂😂, if we did a plastic clean for them then I would give it a go over after that each month provided it’s not to huge 

Quite often I do the roofs for them anyway so I just see it as giving a little back.  It would bug me seeing the cobwebs staring at me all the time anyway, spiders just waiting to crawl onto my nice clean glass after I've gone 😂

I don't go mad though, it literally is a very fast swipe with the brush, keeps the cobwebs and algae off but doesn't stop greying / tiger stripes.   

Link to post
18 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Friday night fun on the XBox now your stuck indoors 😘

I honestly don’t know how you bores do it voluntarily every weekend 😘

  • Haha 2
Link to post
10 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I honestly don’t know how you bores do it voluntarily every weekend 😘

It ain't that hard as everyone on here is decent, so it makes things a lot easier. 

we all seem to having a bit more banter these days with us been on more so all good. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 21/01/2021 at 18:32, Goochie said:

I did search and did not find an answer to my question

We mostly hope people don't use the search. We'd rather hand out "a paddlin". 🤡

  • Haha 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.