Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning conservatory windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Goochie

Hi all.

My question is when you're cleaning conservatory windows and frames, do you included the gutterline as standard or would you do that when charging for soffits, fascias and gutters?

Hi all.

My question is when you're cleaning conservatory windows and frames, do you included the gutterline as standard or would you do that when charging for soffits, fascias and gutters?
We clean up to the gutter line the gutter would be a plastic clean , the only exception is if the customer has requested to have them cleaned each time then we charge a bit more . 

We clean up to the gutter line the gutter would be a plastic clean , the only exception is if the customer has requested to have them cleaned each time then we charge a bit more . 
Thanks for answering my question.

That's my logic and thought behind it as well. Just the company that I work for do them with the windows on every visit so wouldn't they charge extra for the gutter lines as well?

That's my logic and thought behind it as well. Just the company that I work for do them with the windows on every visit so wouldn't they charge extra for the gutter lines as well?
Would have thought so.

On a conservatory with a glass roof I always do the gutters as well, don't know why, always have.

I've got one customer with two conservatories, they recently had one glass roof replaced with solid, now I'm confused! ?

Maybe they charge more fore it or maybe that’s there policy to clean it as a standard thing , we are all different and have to start and stop somewhere, I view it as a plastic clean but am happy to do it if they want it doing each time I just adjust the price as it will take a bit longer and use a bit more water .

Maybe they charge more fore it or maybe that’s there policy to clean it as a standard thing , we are all different and have to start and stop somewhere, I view it as a plastic clean but am happy to do it if they want it doing each time I just adjust the price as it will take a bit longer and use a bit more water .
Yeah definitely agree with you there. I've been working at this company for a few months, been doing just the windows and the frames for the conservatory's and my colleague pointed out today that I should be doing the gutter line as well.

If you ask me I think doing the gutterlines every visit undermines their pricing in a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always clean the outside of the gutter when I clean conservatory windows (and factor it into my price). If you do it every time it really doesn't take that much longer.

I clean the gutter each time, if you leave it they build up algae and cobwebs quite quickly and just look a mess.  For the sake of a 30 second quick wipe over I just do it.  Baring in mind that most conservatory houses are higher priced anyway, I'm happy to do it to keep it all looking good.  

I clean the gutter each time, if you leave it they build up algae and cobwebs quite quickly and just look a mess.  For the sake of a 30 second quick wipe over I just do it.  Baring in mind that most conservatory houses are higher priced anyway, I'm happy to do it to keep it all looking good.  
You are missing a trick that’s an add on and extra charge ???, if we did a plastic clean for them then I would give it a go over after that each month provided it’s not to huge 

You are missing a trick that’s an add on and extra charge ???, if we did a plastic clean for them then I would give it a go over after that each month provided it’s not to huge 
Quite often I do the roofs for them anyway so I just see it as giving a little back.  It would bug me seeing the cobwebs staring at me all the time anyway, spiders just waiting to crawl onto my nice clean glass after I've gone ?

I don't go mad though, it literally is a very fast swipe with the brush, keeps the cobwebs and algae off but doesn't stop greying / tiger stripes.   

Back