Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote for window cleaning of flats

Paul Ford

hi 

I have been asked to quote for a development of flats 2 storeys high 14 flats in total with 36 windows which are different sizes access to them is fine how is the best way to price this up realistically as the clean would be quarterly  and not in an expensive area    Thanks for any advice with this 

Hi Paul,

I just work out how long it's going to take and bear in mind its only getting done quarterly. add a bit extra time to make sure your on the right side.  Then it's how much you want to earn per hour!  But you should be charging a premium because there only getting it done 4 times a year.

Best of luck with your quote  

hi 

I have been asked to quote for a development of flats 2 storeys high 14 flats in total with 36 windows which are different sizes access to them is fine how is the best way to price this up realistically as the clean would be quarterly  and not in an expensive area    Thanks for any advice with this 
As a rough guide we find prices vary greatly depending on the area. I'll assume they are doable by ladder and are 1 bedroom flats, if so they can be as little as £3 per flat up to £9 per flat depending on area. By the sounds of it it's an hour tops to do.

I did 3 blocks of flats this morning 3 storey total of 91 windows took 1 hour they are 4 weekly jobs . 

Yeah, it's all dependant on how much you wanna be earning! Every window cleaner is different, trust me.

Some firms charge the earth and see if they get it, and some suffer from a poverty mindset and charge next to nothing.

It's worth what people are willing to pay, basically.

I actually clean two identical blocks and both differ in price by £40. One I quoted and been doing for years, and the other I took on at the price a couple of years ago.

hi 

A tenner a flat on a 12 weekly sounds about right to me....even if it took you 2 hours its £70 an hour....a good hourly rate...if it takes you an hour then your laughing.....?

Price it up at your hourly rate x how long it will take.

Try not to over think it block management work used to and can be a really good earner but every one is trying to get on it now .Managment firms are squeezing the life out of it and going in as cheap as possible to win sites then trying to get all the services and contractors as cheap as possible.

Try not to over think it block management work used to and can be a really good earner but every one is trying to get on it now .Managment firms are squeezing the life out of it and going in as cheap as possible to win sites then trying to get all the services and contractors as cheap as possible.
All the management companies I deal with ask for quotes for  the wirk and then they add a % to that price and charge the building owners that price , they don’t tell  us what they are happy to pay never Hurd of that ??? 

I picked up two new customers well one had down sized so its a new area. I lost one also today and it was a pain because they were upstairs and the woman downstairs said I was dirtying her windows. Ended up having to put ply board up on hers every time I did them so very happy she cancelled. I will watch out in future for these jobs and have a pre-recorded message in future so I don't get involved. ?

All the management companies I deal with ask for quotes for  the wirk and then they add a % to that price and charge the building owners that price , they don’t tell  us what they are happy to pay never Hurd of that ??? 
They usually just charge an annual fee to organise insurance, gardening, window cleaning etc, never heard of them putting extra on, sounds very dodgy to me. The Accounts are done annually and bank statements should show where the money has gone, with the invoices to show it's correct.  

I'm not finding this, I'm finding they will actually pay more for someone to do the job well and on time. Just about to get a decent contract where they've told me what they paid last year and I've just rolled the prices over. All the work I've done up to now has been ? 

They usually just charge an annual fee to organise insurance, gardening, window cleaning etc, never heard of them putting extra on, sounds very dodgy to me. The Accounts are done annually and bank statements should show where the money has gone, with the invoices to show it's correct.  
I have been to Price this lot up today ( for soft washing ) for a very large management company they said what ever my price is they will just add a percentage  to that price and infirm the owners and see if they want to go ahead , all the management companies we deal with work the same way , is this unusual??? We work for about 12 different ones 

E5767CEF-F193-4ACC-9478-C1103C716547.jpeg

A7054FD0-B14D-49AA-BB57-D3F0B36A5458.jpeg

FB3FB45E-16E4-4608-B8E3-554044F06191.jpeg

3536D2F6-0B17-4320-A51D-0DB4A997D9C2.jpeg

A11CFF34-E890-48DB-ACB5-9884EFA7AE09.jpeg

E6997A84-359B-4CB7-BC51-515CC4552A3A.jpeg

80795ED5-D819-409E-9675-422A3FEC150F.jpeg

I never said they tell you the price.

when they budget a block they allocate a % of the the service charge to a % of each service and believe or not window cleaning isn’t always top of the tree.

A lot of management firms win new contracts by offering lower service charge to residents this can normally win them a vote at the agm.They will promise the earth and convince them to switch.

The new company then shops around to get the contractors and services at the lowest price.

Don’t get me wrong some sites pay well and I work for some really good ones it may differ around the country but some are shocking.Propper cowboys skimming of the top.

Well it is as far as I know, usually you invoice the residents management company of the flats and invoice C/O the Management Company you are contracted with. Usually the budget is set for the year, there is also a contingency fund set up in case of a big unexpected repair. Anything over a certain amount, depends on size of property, they have to issue a Section 12?? or something like that to raise extra money for big jobs. This might fall into that but even still they shouldn't be doing it on everything.

I never said they tell you the price.

when they budget a block they allocate a % of the the service charge to a % of each service and believe or not window cleaning isn’t always top of the tree.

A lot of management firms win new contracts by offering lower service charge to residents this can normally win them a vote at the agm.They will promise the earth and convince them to switch.

The new company then shops around to get the contractors and services at the lowest price.

Don’t get me wrong some sites pay well and I work for some really good ones it may differ around the country but some are shocking.Propper cowboys skimming of the top.
The way I have described is how all the ones I deal with work I assumed that was how it works ???? We get 99% of all the prices we submit to management companies and I don’t go in cheap . Most of the extras like gutter vaccing, soft washing pressure washing isn’t in the properties annual budget fir maintaining the place that only covers wibdiw cleaning , internal cleaning , gardening , the other jobs are authorised by the building owners in an individual case , hope this makes sense , like the pictures I posted above for soft washing.  

Latest Posts

Back