Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP maintenance clean frequency.

moto

What's the latest for WFP clean frequency; monthly, 5, or 6 weekly best to still have easy job and provide good value service?

Depends on location , if exposed or costal frequency needs to be shorter if sheltered longer is fine , we only offer 4 or 8 weekly on domestic.  Commercial depending on size we will do  what ever the customer wants . 

What's the latest for WFP clean frequency; monthly, 5, or 6 weekly best to still have easy job and provide good value service?
4/8 weekly for me (mainly)...although I also have some 6 weeklys and 12 weeklies,a few annual and bi annual jobs too....

Basically any frequency apart from 2 weekly!??

Don't you find you get the question 'has it been 6 weeks already' instead ?
Its funny you should ask this question; the answer is no. ?

We purchased a trad round that was done on a 2 weekly roster, with a few here and there 4 weekly. They were glass cleaners, so the windows always looked filthy. We came along and converted that round to wfp. After initial clean that took at least an hour a house (dormers) those windows looked sparkling clean compared to what they looked like before.

We possibly cleaned them at the 2 weekly interval another couple of times, and we started to get the excuse to leave them this time as they are still clean. This round is in an area where everyone knows everyone, so news soon spread and more and more started using the excuse to leave it this time. So I took it on myself to change everyone on to 4 weeks and got on with growing the round in other areas.

Then low and behold, we started to get the same excuse at 4 weeks. Anybody who turned me away then had to wait 8 weeks for their next clean. At 8 weeks a few asked where I was; "I thought you had given up." "I found someone else to clean my windows who is more regular."?

I learnt from this round that 6 weekly was the right gap for my round generally and had been quoting that frequency building the round. It's either 6 or 12 weeks. A lot of those who opted for 12 weeks changed to 6 weeks after a while.

There are some streets on the coast that need cleaning once a week but that doesn't happen. Funny how people want prime real estate overlooking the sea for the views but don't want to pay to have the windows cleaned too often so they can enjoy what they paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been considering changing my frequency to 5 weekly. Most of the cleaners around me clean on a 4 week cycle, sometimes I find, at 6 weeks, the windows are filthy. I thought that extra week could make a bit of a difference - plus I’d be able to take on an employee without having to start looking for new customers as the takings would cover part time wages ?

I’ve been considering changing my frequency to 5 weekly. Most of the cleaners around me clean on a 4 week cycle, sometimes I find, at 6 weeks, the windows are filthy. I thought that extra week could make a bit of a difference - plus I’d be able to take on an employee without having to start looking for new customers as the takings would cover part time wages ?
We are monthly, it fits in well for scheduling with our monthly commercial work. It also means they have one payment a month which is easy to budget for.

Anyone that doesn't want monthly can go on a 2 month or 3 month schedule, with a suitable rise in price. Unless you're on the coast, or busy road, you don't really need windows cleaning that regularly. We do loads of 3 monthly work and they are literally the same as monthly maintenance cleans.

Its funny you should ask this question; the answer is no. ?

We purchased a trad round that was done on a 2 weekly roster, with a few here and there 4 weekly. They were glass cleaners, so the windows always looked filthy. We came along and converted that round to wfp. After initial clean that took at least an hour a house (dormers) those windows looked sparkling clean compared to what they looked like before.

We possibly cleaned them at the 2 weekly interval another couple of times, and we started to get the excuse to leave them this time as they are still clean. This round is in an area where everyone knows everyone, so news soon spread and more and more started using the excuse to leave it this time. So I took it on myself to change everyone on to 4 weeks and got on with growing the round in other areas.

Then low and behold, we started to get the same excuse at 4 weeks. Anybody who turned me away then had to wait 8 weeks for their next clean. At 8 weeks a few asked where I was; "I thought you had given up." "I found someone else to clean my windows who is more regular."?

I learnt from this round that 6 weekly was the right gap for my round generally and had been quoting that frequency building the round. It's either 6 or 12 weeks. A lot of those who opted for 12 weeks changed to 6 weeks after a while.

There are some streets on the coast that need cleaning once a week but that doesn't happen. Funny how people want prime real estate overlooking the sea for the views but don't want to pay to have the windows cleaned too often so they can enjoy what they paid for.
We have some costal stuff that we do weekly , and a few that are done every day in stormy conditions , we do a large hotel right on the coast that’s 4 weekly , when it’s stormy we do it weekly , and the restaurant and entrances are done daily ???

We have some costal stuff that we do weekly , and a few that are done every day in stormy conditions , we do a large hotel right on the coast that’s 4 weekly , when it’s stormy we do it weekly , and the restaurant and entrances are done daily ???
What's the point in doing them when stormy, they will be opaque within a day. If someone is due on the coast and strong NE winds are forecast we wait until they've blown out.

What's the point in doing them when stormy, they will be opaque within a day. If someone is due on the coast and strong NE winds are forecast we wait until they've blown out.
The hotel get complaints from the guests if they cannot see out of the windows , they say we are paying for  a sea view and cannot see anything ?? doesn’t bother me it’s a nice little earner , obviously been on hold again since Christmas no idear when they will reopen . 

Back