Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It all turned to **** overnight!

Martyn

We have woken up to the news that there are four new cases in the Island that can't be immediately explained, we are straight back to social distancing, queuing to go into shops, no visitors to Hospitals and care homes, events and meetings cancelled and no doubt the pubs will be shut.

Goodbye normality, it was nice knowing you. ?

P.S Anyone got some spare bog roll? ?

It gets worse, we are in full lockdown for a minimum of two weeks so no working for us.

One of the new cases is a pupil at the school my youngest attends, in the year below, the whole year and teachers are being tested.

Just had a call from the school, it is possible that all pupils and their households will be required to self isolate for two weeks, we should know more tomorrow.

can you not still go to work if you work outside on your own?its getting utterly ridiculous now....

coronavirus is GOING TO BE AROUND FOR EVER NOW according to the experts.....

no guarantee that the vaccines will be effective either......

can you not still go to work if you work outside on your own?its getting utterly ridiculous now....

Nope, we were specifically named last time and this time will be no different.

The plan is a fast and hard lockdown to eliminate the virus from the community, nothing half arsed, fingers crossed it works quickly.

The problem is they've convinced people that the virus is really bad and all life should be halted until it's gone.  So the virus is never going to go so who is going to change the script to 'we have to live with the virus and accept that some people will die just like the flu'?  

The vaccine currently doesn't look good at all.  Israel is the worlds leader in vaccinations, they have currently vaccinated around 35% of the entire population, and they have started with the oldest first.  However since starting the vaccinations their cases and deaths are rocketing.  Yes it's a lot lower than ours but it's a lot higher than when they didn't have the vaccine.  They say that it takes a few weeks for immunity to occur, well they should be seeing that now, at least a levelling off.  One things for sure, once they hit 100% then if the cases and deaths still rise then we know that there is definitely a problem.

If the vaccine doesn't work then personally I think we should just say all the people who want to protect themselves, then you stay inside, don't go out and we will ensure food is delivered to you.  You will live the rest of your life like that as there is no cure, if a cure becomes available then you will be first in line.  For everybody else, just live normally and accept that some of you will die and some of you will live.

They said last night that if you're in your 60's then for every 1,000 that get the virus then 13 or 14 people will die, that's with the more dangerous variant.  Well the flu kills around 1 to 10 people in every 1,000 depending on the severity of the flu type. 

I'd be happy to risk death for the good of the human race living a full and proper life.  Living as it is now is not living, it's just waiting to die.

We can only hope that the vaccine starts to work but as it is there is zero real world evidence that it's working, it's actually the opposite.  

The problem is they've convinced people that the virus is really bad and all life should be halted until it's gone.  So the virus is never going to go so who is going to change the script to 'we have to live with the virus and accept that some people will die just like the flu'?  

The vaccine currently doesn't look good at all.  Israel is the worlds leader in vaccinations, they have currently vaccinated around 35% of the entire population, and they have started with the oldest first.  However since starting the vaccinations their cases and deaths are rocketing.  Yes it's a lot lower than ours but it's a lot higher than when they didn't have the vaccine.  They say that it takes a few weeks for immunity to occur, well they should be seeing that now, at least a levelling off.  One things for sure, once they hit 100% then if the cases and deaths still rise then we know that there is definitely a problem.

If the vaccine doesn't work then personally I think we should just say all the people who want to protect themselves, then you stay inside, don't go out and we will ensure food is delivered to you.  You will live the rest of your life like that as there is no cure, if a cure becomes available then you will be first in line.  For everybody else, just live normally and accept that some of you will die and some of you will live.

They said last night that if you're in your 60's then for every 1,000 that get the virus then 13 or 14 people will die, that's with the more dangerous variant.  Well the flu kills around 1 to 10 people in every 1,000 depending on the severity of the flu type. 

I'd be happy to risk death for the good of the human race living a full and proper life.  Living as it is now is not living, it's just waiting to die.

We can only hope that the vaccine starts to work but as it is there is zero real world evidence that it's working, it's actually the opposite.  
And a happy new year to you ?

if theres still lockdowns after this year is over and most of us have had a vaccine then i really think society will rebel.....we just cant go on like this indefinitely....

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all Doomed 

But no, on a serious note, sorry to hear that Op. Do you feel Too uncomfortable to work at the moment? 
Not a choice for me to make but i am concerned about the situation, it will be a few days before we know how bad this is going to get.

Itll never be the same for years  IMO....social distancing,mask wearing are here to stay for a few years yet...☹?
I quite like it. Never been a fan of being to close to people. Like to be able to queue up in a supermarket or bank without someone over my shoulder. And I’m an introvert so I don’t enjoy social gatherings. Not keen on wearing a mask but I like everyone else wearing them. Saves me getting spat on when they talk to me. 

Suppose this is a world ending virus that mutates and gets worse every strain? And everyone is spending their last days on Earth not seeing people they love? What a way to wimp out...

We have woken up to the news that there are four new cases in the Island that can't be immediately explained, we are straight back to social distancing, queuing to go into shops, no visitors to Hospitals and care homes, events and meetings cancelled and no doubt the pubs will be shut.

Goodbye normality, it was nice knowing you. ?

P.S Anyone got some spare bog roll? ?
I feel for you! I got a voicemail from my Station Commander this morning. I've got to self isolate for 10 days due to one of the lads on my truck on my last night shift testing positive. Live in a 1 bed flat on my own... it'll be a long 10 days!! First job is to rebschedule all my work for the coming week or so!

I feel for you! I got a voicemail from my Station Commander this morning. I've got to self isolate for 10 days due to one of the lads on my truck on my last night shift testing positive. Live in a 1 bed flat on my own... it'll be a long 10 days!! First job is to rebschedule all my work for the coming week or so!
At least you will still get paid. Up here the staff at private nursing homes only get sick pay so they don't want to self-isolate and that's where we are finding most of the virus outbreaks. The council run nursing homes are fine because staff get paid when they are sick.

At least you will still get paid. Up here the staff at private nursing homes only get sick pay so they don't want to self-isolate and that's where we are finding most of the virus outbreaks. The council run nursing homes are fine because staff get paid when they are sick.
Yeah I’m very lucky in that respect! That’s really bad that they don’t, that’s exactly why it’s still spreading!

the guy that took me out has also taken out a whole other watch as he got sent there on standby on first night, so that’s 2 whole watches off the run for 10 days plus 2 full stations off the run for today while they get deep cleaned!!

This is the most sensible thing I've read in a long time; well said!! 

Hope you don't catch it, not the nicest experience for me.

Latest Posts

Back