Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac and ridged neck

Danny91

Hi all just had my first try with the skyvac atom and I think the ridged neck is a must, my question is thou why £236 ? Does anyone have one from a similar company that delivers the Same performance without the high price? I don’t mind investing the money I know it will be worth it but don’t want to outlay that if not needed.

thank you 

Anything carbon fibre is expensive, put window / gutter cleaning into the mix and it's a licence to print money. I don't know if the other Gutter Vac companies do them, a quick internet trawl will tell you, but if you do find a cheaper one make sure it's the correct size 

All the main gutter vac firms have there own equivalent just make sure it will fit your existing poles , or make your own out of solvent weld waist pipe will cost about £3-5 .

Do we think it’s just a bite the bullet and you get what you pay scenario? 
There stuff is very good but that much money for a carbon bend is a lot , I got mine in a package with the new vac , only you can decide if you want to pay that much , having said that it doesn’t take long to earn that with the vac one or two jobs at most depending on size . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just keeping this thread going instead of starting another as I guess you all do a gutter cleaning, I’ve got 5 jobs booked to go and price all close to each other just wondering what’s a base rate to charge? I’m just starting so don’t want to sell myself short but still want the work. Checkatrade and my builder are quoting £4m is that about right ? Thanks 

Hi just keeping this thread going instead of starting another as I guess you all do a gutter cleaning, I’ve got 5 jobs booked to go and price all close to each other just wondering what’s a base rate to charge? I’m just starting so don’t want to sell myself short but still want the work. Checkatrade and my builder are quoting £4m is that about right ? Thanks 
I assume you mean £4 per meter ??? I don’t price by the meter I look at the job and have a good idear how long it will take as an example a typical 3 bed modern estate type house has aprox 25 meters of guttering , I know I can pull up do the job and drive away within 30 muinits maximum I have a minimum charge of £65 so that job would be that price . We always do full days of gutter vaccing not just one job , price is dependant of a number it things , amount of guttering , height ,gap between the gutter and roof tiles, what’s in the gutter , access issues , does the customer want us to remove dirt from site . We did this job in the picture below only a 3 bed semi but 3 storey and full to the brim with thick turf , other firms said it was impossible to do from the ground , we did it from the ground took about 2:5 hours but charged £250 customer was delighted as scaffold would have cost over £400 

D1DBB98B-FDB9-4312-8A7F-681367898F25.jpeg

6B4F6108-CC42-401B-BE07-B94920E5108E.jpeg

8467D167-B33F-4FD1-B1E2-C7F486933C5A.jpeg

6A200DB4-D340-42E7-8255-53930E004CC5.jpeg

2E1B1F24-EC8D-4841-A38B-D12EB3468F18.jpeg

6F48E810-167F-4A53-82A9-FBEC0E9C3B6E.jpeg

It very much depends on what the gutters are like. If they're full and have a poor gap, between roof tile and gutter, that could be skinny. There really isn't any hard and fast guarantee on price per metre for gutters.

There might be 10 m over a Conservatory and 5 metres at the front. So if the gutter out the back has poor gaps you could be there hours for £60. On the flip side you could turn up and there's 50 m with nothing in and you'll take longer to set up and pack up then to do the job.

My advice is to have a look, if they look ok then a minimum charge should apply. If they're full, sagging and in a poor repair charge a decent price. It really is as complicated as that.

Just keeping my comments on this thread. I’ve been out today and brought a 3kw generator with a Honda engine to use with the skyvac. I’ve tested my water today and it’s coming up at 282ppm. Is there any trolly set ups that you would reccomend with the water being that hard ? 
many thanks 

Yeah I’ve had a good look basically I don’t want to bolt anything down in the van as this won’t be my full time job until hopefully it kicks off properly so I was looking at the trolley systems with a  r/o system as ill mostly be using normal water for the fsg and the occasional window clean, in trying not to concentrate to much in windows 

We did this job in the picture below only a 3 bed semi but 3 storey and full to the brim with thick turf , other firms said it was impossible to do from the ground , we did it from the ground took about 2:5 hours but charged £250 customer was delighted as scaffold would have cost over £400 
Pjj, does the text actually relate to the property in the picture? It looks like a mid terrace from here. Is the price achieved just for the front of the property shown in the photo or is there a back that has also been vac'd. Just trying to work out some prices for myself should I go down this route in the near future.  cheers

Back