Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Isofix in vans anyone?

Can people say if their 3 seater vans have isofix in the passenger seats please!? 

Can't find the information online. 
Specifications differ from one country to another I would google the vehicle you are looking at in your country 

Anyone care to share? 
Isofix was added to Citroën cars sold in the UK in the early to mid 2000s. Our Citroën Xsara has them. No Citroën van had that option. Seeing as the Fiat Ducato was from the same factory they didn't have it either and nor did the Iveco.

My 2004 Citroën Relay didn't and neither does my 2012 Peugeot Boxer. My son's 2002 Peugeot Partner nor his 2002 Citroën Berlingo have it either.

If the van is fitted with Isofix now it will be in the spec brochure. In the early days transporting children in a van was not frowned on but wasn't encouraged either. A van is not the safest place for children, especially if there is not a secure steel bulkhead separating the cargo area from the cabin.

Added: Isofix is not part of the latest spec of a Peugeot Expert van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. 

I don't think I'm going to find any. I have a nice isofix car seat but no car any more. Only my van without isofix. Would look replace the van in a year or two but it looks like there's no point keeping hold of the car seat. 

Thanks. 

I don't think I'm going to find any. I have a nice isofix car seat but no car any more. Only my van without isofix. Would look replace the van in a year or two but it looks like there's no point keeping hold of the car seat. 
If you went for a Peugeot Expert Combi (people carrier) then Isofix is an optional extra for the second row rear passenger bench  seat.

https://business.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/peugeot-expert-combi/

I'm sure that doesn't help you though.

The other thing is that kids grow up so quickly. Within no time the car seat is just a booster seat and then the booster seat is gone. Time flies by so fast. Although we have 2 booster seats still in the back of our car for the grandchildren, my son's family car doesn't have them any longer. We haven't told my wife yet.?

You will probably find that most 3 seater vans don’t have them as the double seat is not as wide as two single seats so with a car seat it would take up more than half the seat. Most three seater vans also have the in their manuals that you shouldn’t put a car seat in the middle position as the kids feet get in the way of the gearstick I believe. 
I specifically brought a Peugeot boxer as the double seat is wide enough to get two car seats in but I don’t  think it has isofix

You will probably find that most 3 seater vans don’t have them as the double seat is not as wide as two single seats so with a car seat it would take up more than half the seat. Most three seater vans also have the in their manuals that you shouldn’t put a car seat in the middle position as the kids feet get in the way of the gearstick I believe. 
I specifically brought a Peugeot boxer as the double seat is wide enough to get two car seats in but I ddon’t not think it has isofix
My Boxer will also fit 2 car seats in but doesn't have Isofix.

Vw crafter in need of a isofix. Is it possible to get one welded on or a bolt on one?

Haven't seen anything advertised. There are a couple of YouTube videos installing them into some older Fords, but they already had the mounting points in the floor for the fitting to bolt to.

I'm not sure what welding an iso fitting into the seat frame of a van would do to the strength of the seat frame and would imagine the costs would be high.

It's amazing how quickly children grow out of car seats.

I also wonder what an mot inspector would do when he sees that. How does he know how well it's been welded in, as I would imagine the seat cover material would cover it.

There is a company selling an iso fix upgrade for Sprinter, Relay, Boxer and Ducato vans. Please do a Google search. I found it this morning.

On the camper van forums there is a little info on VW Transporter vans.

According to one source, Citroen Berlingo vans had iso fitted as standard on all newer vans from 2006. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of that.

Update: I can't see any mention of isofix on the latest Citroën Berlingo spec sheet. It doesn't appear in the Dispatch or the Relay brochures as an optional extra either.

However, It is included on seats in the second row of the Berlingo people carrier.

Latest Posts

Back