What time does every body start there day ?

Hello everyone. Í am wondering what time does every body start ? Is 8 too early to start even if the sun light starts to rise earlier now ? Thank You

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swc1

• Chris34

• ksp

• Pjj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're doing it wrong, it's meant to be quicker with two of you 🤣

Wife brings us both a cup of tea in bed about 7:30, up about 8, wash, downstairs for a bowl of porridge. Another cup of tea after. Son arrives around 8:45. We leave the house around 9 ish. Work straig

As late as possible, I hate having to start earlier than 10:00.  10:30 is an early start, no dinner though, just work straight through till finish. Used to start at 06:00 when I was employed, hat

Posted Images

I've had a number of older customers get grumpy with me because they feel that 10:30am is way too early and I woke them up! 

I aim to start the first house at 9am, unless its commercial or I make specific arrangements to go earlier, then 8- 8:30. 

5 minutes ago, Becky D said:

Hello everyone. Í am wondering what time does every body start ? Is 8 too early to start even if the sun light starts to rise earlier now ? Thank You

With WFP I don't see a problem but wouldn't like a trad guy up at my window if I was still in bed. Personally don't start residential till around 9 but I only do about 6 hours a day on residential work.

I start at 8.30am, but I always tell my first customer that there booked in for 8.30am, after that it’s fair game, I mean it’s 9 o clock onwards, the lazy so and so’s should be up! Lol 😂

• Like 1

I am do school run then go out ex-wife does pick up I think it's time you can't get back and 9 seems good time for domestic unless prearranged

56 minutes ago, CMcB said:

I've had a number of older customers get grumpy with me because they feel that 10:30am is way too early and I woke them up! 

I aim to start the first house at 9am, unless its commercial or I make specific arrangements to go earlier, then 8- 8:30. 

You get to know your customers if they want a job doing they need to get up bin them.

I'm up at 4am breakfast, exercise, get the wife off to work, check emails or any other thing that needs attention. 

First jobs use to be 6am sharp commercial.

Now all jobs are started at 9am and I'm done by 2pm.

• Like 2

As late as possible, I hate having to start earlier than 10:00.  10:30 is an early start, no dinner though, just work straight through till finish.

Used to start at 06:00 when I was employed, hated it.  

Master Jedi Alejandro
8 hours ago, ksp said:

8.30am. Other than one street where they’re all elderly residents. I never turn up earlier than 10am for that one. 

Why? Old folk are up at the crack of dawn! I’ve got a area, it’s all old folk, I start there at 8 and collect the cash just before 9. Never a issue, and never a missed payment 😁

RavashingRichie
12 hours ago, swc1 said:

I'm up at 4am breakfast, exercise, get the wife off to work, check emails or any other thing that needs attention. 

First jobs use to be 6am sharp commercial.

Now all jobs are started at 9am and I'm done by 2pm.

Can’t believe I’ve seen someone else like me 

On a Monday I start at 5 on my shops( not anymore) I usually have a commercial to do before I start on houses. Think I only have one day a month that I start directly on houses and I’m there by 7.30. Mind u I only do 12 days a month 

1 hour ago, Markyboy 50 said:

Mind u I only do 12 days a month 

I'm the same now from 5-6days aweek from 6am to dark.

Started Jan 4th 2021 its now 3 days aweek 9-2.

Its a little tough getting use too.

6 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Why? Old folk are up at the crack of dawn! I’ve got a area, it’s all old folk, I start there at 8 and collect the cash just before 9. Never a issue, and never a missed payment 😁

These ones ain’t. I’ve turned up once before then and it was nightmare. Nobody was up, no gates unlocked, and the lady I text who lets everyone else know I’m coming then collects the payments for me asked if I could come later. Once she’d woken up 😂 

• Haha 1