Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What time does every body start there day ?

Becky D

Hello everyone. Í am wondering what time does every body start ? Is 8 too early to start even if the sun light starts to rise earlier now ? Thank You

I've had a number of older customers get grumpy with me because they feel that 10:30am is way too early and I woke them up! 

I aim to start the first house at 9am, unless its commercial or I make specific arrangements to go earlier, then 8- 8:30. 

Hello everyone. Í am wondering what time does every body start ? Is 8 too early to start even if the sun light starts to rise earlier now ? Thank You
With WFP I don't see a problem but wouldn't like a trad guy up at my window if I was still in bed. Personally don't start residential till around 9 but I only do about 6 hours a day on residential work.

I start at 8.30am, but I always tell my first customer that there booked in for 8.30am, after that it’s fair game, I mean it’s 9 o clock onwards, the lazy so and so’s should be up! Lol ?

I've had a number of older customers get grumpy with me because they feel that 10:30am is way too early and I woke them up! 

I aim to start the first house at 9am, unless its commercial or I make specific arrangements to go earlier, then 8- 8:30. 
You get to know your customers if they want a job doing they need to get up bin them.

I'm up at 4am breakfast, exercise, get the wife off to work, check emails or any other thing that needs attention. 

First jobs use to be 6am sharp commercial.

Now all jobs are started at 9am and I'm done by 2pm.

8.30am. Other than one street where they’re all elderly residents. I never turn up earlier than 10am for that one. 

We start commercial at 6 am mainly shops due to parking and pedestrian access issues during the working day . Domestic start 8-8:30 all year round . 

As late as possible, I hate having to start earlier than 10:00.  10:30 is an early start, no dinner though, just work straight through till finish.

Used to start at 06:00 when I was employed, hated it.  

8.30am. Other than one street where they’re all elderly residents. I never turn up earlier than 10am for that one. 
Why? Old folk are up at the crack of dawn! I’ve got a area, it’s all old folk, I start there at 8 and collect the cash just before 9. Never a issue, and never a missed payment ?

On a Monday I start at 5 on my shops( not anymore) I usually have a commercial to do before I start on houses. Think I only have one day a month that I start directly on houses and I’m there by 7.30. Mind u I only do 12 days a month 

Why? Old folk are up at the crack of dawn! I’ve got a area, it’s all old folk, I start there at 8 and collect the cash just before 9. Never a issue, and never a missed payment ?
These ones ain’t. I’ve turned up once before then and it was nightmare. Nobody was up, no gates unlocked, and the lady I text who lets everyone else know I’m coming then collects the payments for me asked if I could come later. Once she’d woken up ? 

I set off from home around 08:30 in the morning. Waking up is the worst part of the day for me, because of all the medication I have to take at night. I wish I could wake up easily in the morning.

One thing I did with customers if possible is order them depending what time was best for them. I've caught some customers still half naked walking round the house (some naked).

Latest Posts

Back