The Joys of hot water cleaning

scottish cleaning service

Began this morning at 9am and had a first clean at 9,30am. The time I got there both my reels were piping hot. Did the job in about 10 minutes and then gave the front of the van and glass a wash down. In the afternoon I had another first clean but the surrounds needed a good wash down so I spent about 20 minutes and then went back round and rinsed the glass again. If you can afford it then always go for hot water because it makes life a helluva lot easier. 😉

56 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Began this morning at 9am and had a first clean at 9,30am. The time I got there both my reels were piping hot. Did the job in about 10 minutes and then gave the front of the van and glass a wash down. In the afternoon I had another first clean but the surrounds needed a good wash down so I spent about 20 minutes and then went back round and rinsed the glass again. If you can afford it then always go for hot water because it makes life a helluva lot easier. 😉

@steve garwoodisn’t going to like you mentioning hot water again 😂😂😂😂 you will be joining me in the naughty corner 😳😳😳

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Pjj said:

@steve garwoodisn’t going to like you mentioning hot water again 😂😂😂😂 you will be joining me in the naughty corner 😳😳😳

I’ll let you off as I’m in a mellow mood. This lot might help. Just taking a dump and back to the pub zoom call. This is going to be messy 😘

E3D4A3B2-D891-4FF1-BB9D-5AB6F6846B66.jpeg

Got another novel way of keep the van nice and toastie and charging the batteries. A fireman told me but you have got to have 2 car keys. Leave the van's engine running and  put down the passenger's door button and lock the driver's door traditionally with the other key. I do it in freezing conditions now and leave 2 pairs of gloves warming on the dashboard's hot air. It makes life a lot easier in the mornings. 😉

19 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Got another novel way of keep the van nice and toastie and charging the batteries. A fireman told me but you have got to have 2 car keys. Leave the van's engine running and  put down the passenger's door button and lock the driver's door traditionally with the other key. I do it in freezing conditions now and leave 2 pairs of gloves warming on the dashboard's hot air. It makes life a lot easier in the mornings. 😉

And if someone smashes the window and drives off in it, you will not be covered by your insurance 

1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

It’s illegal to leave an engine running without being in the vehicle , unless it’s an emergency service vehicle 

• Agree 2
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

It’s illegal to leave an engine running without being in the vehicle , unless it’s an emergency service vehicle 

I think they tried to get even stricter by outlawing you to be in the vehicle stationery with the engine running. I think it was just too difficult to enforce.

It did bug me though that the emergency services and police aren't affected by that.

I was at the hospital before lock down and was there all morning. I walked past A&E and there was a police vehicle outside with the engine running and not a policeman in sight. The car was still there with the engine running when I passed it at lunchtime. The engine had been idling for around 3 and a half hours.

• Agree 2
32 minutes ago, spruce said:

I think they tried to get even stricter by outlawing you to be in the vehicle stationery with the engine running. I think it was just too difficult to enforce.

It did bug me though that the emergency services and police aren't affected by that.

I was at the hospital before lock down and was there all morning. I walked past A&E and there was a police vehicle outside with the engine running and not a policeman in sight. The car was still there with the engine running when I passed it at lunchtime. The engine had been idling for around 3 and a half hours.

Evan the emergency services are not to leave engines running unless on an incident and need blues, and vehicle lighting in use , 

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

The AA does it all the time.

8 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

The AA does it all the time.

Yes if they are dealing with a breakdown they can they come under the emergency services in that situation, council road maintenance , private road maintenance companies are also included in the list , coastguard,police, ambulance, doctors etc 

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Yes if they are dealing with a breakdown they can they come under the emergency services in that situation, council road maintenance , private road maintenance companies are also included in the list , coastguard,police, ambulance, doctors etc 

Well I'm just going to fit a few orange lights on my van's roof and say I'm doing essential maintenance. 😉