Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Joys of hot water cleaning

scottish cleaning service

Began this morning at 9am and had a first clean at 9,30am. The time I got there both my reels were piping hot. Did the job in about 10 minutes and then gave the front of the van and glass a wash down. In the afternoon I had another first clean but the surrounds needed a good wash down so I spent about 20 minutes and then went back round and rinsed the glass again. If you can afford it then always go for hot water because it makes life a helluva lot easier. ?

Began this morning at 9am and had a first clean at 9,30am. The time I got there both my reels were piping hot. Did the job in about 10 minutes and then gave the front of the van and glass a wash down. In the afternoon I had another first clean but the surrounds needed a good wash down so I spent about 20 minutes and then went back round and rinsed the glass again. If you can afford it then always go for hot water because it makes life a helluva lot easier. ?
@steve garwoodisn’t going to like you mentioning hot water again ???? you will be joining me in the naughty corner ???

Got another novel way of keep the van nice and toastie and charging the batteries. A fireman told me but you have got to have 2 car keys. Leave the van's engine running and  put down the passenger's door button and lock the driver's door traditionally with the other key. I do it in freezing conditions now and leave 2 pairs of gloves warming on the dashboard's hot air. It makes life a lot easier in the mornings. ?

Got another novel way of keep the van nice and toastie and charging the batteries. A fireman told me but you have got to have 2 car keys. Leave the van's engine running and  put down the passenger's door button and lock the driver's door traditionally with the other key. I do it in freezing conditions now and leave 2 pairs of gloves warming on the dashboard's hot air. It makes life a lot easier in the mornings. ?
And if someone smashes the window and drives off in it, you will not be covered by your insurance 

It’s illegal to leave an engine running without being in the vehicle , unless it’s an emergency service vehicle 

It’s illegal to leave an engine running without being in the vehicle , unless it’s an emergency service vehicle 
I think they tried to get even stricter by outlawing you to be in the vehicle stationery with the engine running. I think it was just too difficult to enforce.

It did bug me though that the emergency services and police aren't affected by that.

I was at the hospital before lock down and was there all morning. I walked past A&E and there was a police vehicle outside with the engine running and not a policeman in sight. The car was still there with the engine running when I passed it at lunchtime. The engine had been idling for around 3 and a half hours.

I think they tried to get even stricter by outlawing you to be in the vehicle stationery with the engine running. I think it was just too difficult to enforce.

It did bug me though that the emergency services and police aren't affected by that.

I was at the hospital before lock down and was there all morning. I walked past A&E and there was a police vehicle outside with the engine running and not a policeman in sight. The car was still there with the engine running when I passed it at lunchtime. The engine had been idling for around 3 and a half hours.
Evan the emergency services are not to leave engines running unless on an incident and need blues, and vehicle lighting in use , 

Yes if they are dealing with a breakdown they can they come under the emergency services in that situation, council road maintenance , private road maintenance companies are also included in the list , coastguard,police, ambulance, doctors etc 
Well I'm just going to fit a few orange lights on my van's roof and say I'm doing essential maintenance. ?

Back